• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pints at 9am

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pints at 9am

Just past Wetherspoons and there they all were stuffing themselves with full English breakfasts. Fair enough - I love a fry up myself. But pints of beer at 9am?! It was a rather unedifying spectacle.

And, I hate to say it, but judging from the accents I could hear, they were all from a certain region way north of my own neck of the woods.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Just past Wetherspoons and there they all were stuffing themselves with full English breakfasts. Fair enough - I love a fry up myself. But pints of beer at 9am?! It was a rather unedifying spectacle.

And, I hate to say it, but judging from the accents I could hear, they were all from a certain region way north of my own neck of the woods.
    Hold on, I'll just go and look up my world atlas and see what is north of complete bulltulip land.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

I'm sure the sun was over the yard arm somewhere.
      I have recently purchased a small gaff-rigged sailing dinghy which means that I now have my own yard arm which can be raised or lowered according to whim (c:

Comment

So if they are north or your region, ergo they are on holiday, ergo its perfectly acceptable to drink a pint at 7am in an airport
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          So if they are north or your region, ergo they are on holiday, ergo its perfectly acceptable to drink a pint at 7am in an airport
          I personally think it's uncouth but there you go.

Comment

Hi zoco.

I empathise with you there. I have no truck with those who feel the need to imbibe at breakfast. It's bad enough when someone is cracking open cans of beer on the late afternoon commute. Surely waiting until they reach home or a suitable hostelry would be better than appearing to be alcohol-dependent on a crowded train?

Comment

You are just showing your age.

You obviously never had a 24 hour party.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You are just showing your age.

You obviously never had a 24 hour party.
                In Wetherspoons?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  In Wetherspoons?
                  You go to the place that's open, sells food AND alcohol

Otherwise you have to drink some random spirit that someone has left over from holiday and eat what other tulip food that's in their house, Supermarkets don't open until 10 or 11 on Sunday.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why what would you pair with a full English? A Rioja? Or is it white with beans?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X