minestrone
16th August 2014, 14:06
<placeholder>

AtW

NorthWestPerm2Contr
16th August 2014, 19:41
<placeholder>

AtW

Unless you are putting a placeholder for 2 or 3 years from now then I can't see the point. Last year Moyes was awful in every respect and an obviously stupid choice. This year they have the right choice just an awful squad. Once the squad improves then the results will improve under Van Gaal.

barrydidit
16th August 2014, 19:44
Unless you are putting a placeholder for 2 or 3 years from now then I can't see the point. Last year Moyes was awful in every respect and an obviously stupid choice. This year they have the right choice just an awful squad. Once the squad improves then the results will improve under Van Gaal.

But his nickname is the iron tulip. I thought they might get top 4 till I heard that. His tenure is clearly only going in one direction.

stek
16th August 2014, 19:47

The sacking mentality is with us, no trophies, no job diktat applies to bigger clubs than MUFC and better managers than Van Gaal...

Christmas will tell.

lilelvis2000
16th August 2014, 20:09

It always looked to me like the players weren't trying last year at all. And I do wonder if it's the same this year. As another has said, know by christmas what the deal it.

Doggy Styles
17th August 2014, 20:31
He inherited a weak squad. No strong midfielders, no strong centre-backs. That's the spine of the team that needs replacing.

Also, he's changing them to play the Dutch way, and it's well-known that English players have problems learning new tactics. He said it would take three months.

quackhandle
18th August 2014, 09:16
"meet the new boss - same as the old boss.."

Well done The Swans. :yay:

qh

d000hg
18th August 2014, 09:25

They don't have an awful squad, they just don't have an amazing one. Beating low-mid-ranked teams with their squad should not be a big ask with a good manager. And a great manager can win even against teams with much better players.

kal
18th August 2014, 09:25
On the plus Villa won, looks like top 6 this year is a cert :D

lilelvis2000
18th August 2014, 10:32
They don't have an awful squad, they just don't have an amazing one. Beating low-mid-ranked teams with their squad should not be a big ask with a good manager. And a great manager can win even against teams with much better players.

Perhaps they are still tired from their off season "rest". I'm often amazed that these players often don't get a rest at all in the off season. And its full throttle until May with no rest at all. Its no wonder these guys are knackered by 35.

ZARDOZ
18th August 2014, 12:53
Anyone who watched the game knows they didn't play that bad and certainly deserved at least a point. They have a few injuries and are short of a couple of decent players once that's sorted it should be a different story.

Bunk
18th August 2014, 12:59
Anyone who watched the game knows they didn't play that bad and certainly deserved at least a point. They have a few injuries and are short of a couple of decent players once that's sorted it should be a different story.

They've got plenty of decent players, they're lacking a few really good ones. The midfield and defence just don't look good enough. Rooney, Van Persie, Mata are fine, Herrera should be good too but apart from that they look light on quality.

minestrone
24th August 2014, 16:50
Completely average side, the good players they have are not bothering their arses.

I can't see them coming back from this now.

Bunk
26th August 2014, 20:23
:rollin:

darmstadt
26th August 2014, 20:26

Beat me to it, MK Dons, 3rd tier as well: MK Dons v Manchester United: Capital One Cup (http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2014/aug/26/mk-dons-v-manchester-united-capital-one-cup-live)

suityou01
26th August 2014, 20:29
:rollin::rollin:

Bunk
26th August 2014, 20:30
3-0!!!

stek
3-0 lol!!!

Bunk
Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning!

suityou01
26th August 2014, 20:32
Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning!

Bring back Moyes! He only need more time :laugh:laugh

suityou01
26th August 2014, 20:34
What kind of latte drinking poofs get their sport updates from the Guardian btw? :tongue

suityou01
26th August 2014, 20:35
:rollin::rollin:

Bunk
26th August 2014, 20:37
It's not a full strength United team but what does it say about the strength of their squad?

And Angel Di Maria certainly won't help shore up the defence :rollin:

stek
26th August 2014, 20:42
Gonna be a long trip back home to Hampshire for those Man Utd fans......

Bunk
26th August 2014, 20:43
4!!!

stek
26th August 2014, 20:44
4-0!!

Afobe, ex-Wanderer!

stek
26th August 2014, 20:50
This is the worst United team since the one last season.....

Bunk
26th August 2014, 20:52
Di Maria has just been spotted running onto a plane bound for Madrid. He was shouting something about flying the f***ing thing himself if he had to.

minestrone
26th August 2014, 21:24
They should have stuck with the Scottish bloke.

Doggy Styles
28th August 2014, 22:06
I was there! :laugh

United played six internationals. Their best players were Welbeck and Powell.

The rest, including their youngsters, all looked mediocre. Nothing like the Nevilles, Scholes, Giggs etc. This lot really are a "You won't win anything with kids" generation.

Unix
29th August 2014, 08:14
Van Gaal lost money when he invested with Bernie Madoff

HTH

minestrone
21st September 2014, 14:21
Deary me.

Far worse than Moyes.

darmstadt
21st September 2014, 14:30
Laugh, I think I did a little wee! I suspect that Leicester's squad cost less than one Angel Di Maria (who is only on a years loan as well.) Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal did reasonably well at Bayern previously but it did take him time, and a lot of money...

Bunk
21st September 2014, 14:41
Laugh, I think I did a little wee! I suspect that Leicester's squad cost less than one Angel Di Maria (who is only on a years loan as well.) Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal did reasonably well at Bayern previously but it did take him time, and a lot of money...

No, they bought Di Maria, not loaned him.

stek
21st September 2014, 14:43
Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal says it was 'a fantastic spectacle of a game' that his side should have won easily.

Eh?

darmstadt
21st September 2014, 14:45
No, they bought Di Maria, not loaned him.

you're correct, its was PsG who he was going to go on loan to first, its Falcao who is on loan with an option to buy

darmstadt
21st September 2014, 18:03
"I know everything about the team [Leicester], about individuals, substitutes, what the atmosphere will be like in the stadium, how they take free-kicks, everything." - Louis van Gaal

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:tongue

cojak
21st September 2014, 19:10
And Danny Welbeck scored for Arsenal as well.

Sweet.

NorthWestPerm2Contr
22nd September 2014, 09:33
Really not in a good mood today. This isn't funny and not good for English football.

Gittins Gal
22nd September 2014, 09:37
Really not in a good mood today. This isn't funny and not good for English football.

:wave:

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

GazCol
22nd September 2014, 09:56

It's absolutely brilliant for English football.

stek
22nd September 2014, 10:07

Eh?

NorthWestPerm2Contr
22nd September 2014, 10:09
Eh?

United have always been giants on the world stage together with real and barca. That gave the EPL world wide coverage. Not good for English football to see English clubs dropping down the world pecking order

saptastic
22nd September 2014, 10:09
Really? Not sure the EPL relies on Man U doing well.

jmo21
22nd September 2014, 10:13
2 top class centre backs should have been their first priority in the summer after getting rid of/losing Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra.

fullyautomatix
22nd September 2014, 10:14
United have always been giants on the world stage together with real and barca. That gave the EPL world wide coverage. Not good for English football to see English clubs dropping down the world pecking order

WTF you on about you loser ManU supporting scum ?

Its absolutely brilliant that they are getting hammered by the likes of Leicester. Its great football and a great advert for EPL that a club can spend 150 million and still get smashed.

More of this I say, wont mind a relegation dogfight involving Manu, QPR and Burnley, :laugh:

NorthWestPerm2Contr
22nd September 2014, 10:19
WTF you on about you loser ManU supporting scum ?

Its absolutely brilliant that they are getting hammered by the likes of Leicester. Its great football and a great advert for EPL that a club can spend 150 million and still get smashed.

More of this I say, wont mind a relegation dogfight involving Manu, QPR and Burnley, :laugh:

Real and Barca also lose to very poor clubs.... That's not the point. United were seen as global giants and that drew in a lot of people to the EPL. United need to be up there fighting for the league.

kaiser78
22nd September 2014, 10:23
Real and Barca also lose to very poor clubs.... That's not the point. United were seen as global giants and that drew in a lot of people to the EPL. United need to be up there fighting for the league.

Unfortunately (for you) the football landscape has now changed and the reality now is that for Man Utd and Arsenal, now read Chelsea and Man City, as has been the way for the past couple of years. And going forwards who is not to say the Leicester and West Ham ?

fullyautomatix
22nd September 2014, 10:27
This is how ManU supporters behave. They have been scum and will always be scum.

https://twitter.com/lovefutebol/status/513694078484377600

stek
22nd September 2014, 10:32

United have had their place in the sun mate, it happens to us all, momentum has gone like happened to Liverpool and City.

As for Utd dropping off the world stage, you just keep supporting your team, who cares if they're not winning anymore...

stek, Bolton Wanderers Fan, League Division Two (Old Money)

saptastic
22nd September 2014, 10:33
United need to be up there fighting for the league.

This is just funny.
No one has a divine right. Just like Liverpool didn't.
The EPL worldwide will grow irrelevant of MU.

quackhandle
22nd September 2014, 10:38
You could always try FC Utd of Manchester.

(Currently higher in the northern premier than ManYoo are in EPL).

:laugh

qh

stek
22nd September 2014, 10:43
Support your local team lol!

I'm willing to bet the Man U fans on here aren't local to Old Trafford....

Unix
22nd September 2014, 10:59
Shows how awesome Fergie (a Glaswegian) was.

minestrone
22nd September 2014, 11:05
Shows how awesome Fergie (a Glaswegian) was.

Well he has personally chosen Moyes and VG as replacements.

Not that awesome.

Unix
22nd September 2014, 11:07
Well he has personally chosen Moyes and VG as replacements.

Not that awesome.

Or was it, makes him look good.

GazCol
22nd September 2014, 11:52

Wait, United should be challenging for the league title because the league will secure more in television rights? Are you being serious?

It's this sense of entitlement that does my head in with reds; the English games is where it is in world football, from a marketing point of view, is because English is lingua franca in the most profitable television markets - not because of Manchester ******* United.

The 50s saw a huge increase of popularity on the continent and in Asia for the English game, that was due to a club that's bouncing between the championship and league one at the moment, not because of you muppets.

Doggy Styles
22nd September 2014, 13:22
Wait, United should be challenging for the league title because the league will secure more in television rights? Are you being serious?

It's this sense of entitlement that does my head in with reds; the English games is where it is in world football, from a marketing point of view, is because English is lingua franca in the most profitable television markets - not because of Manchester ******* United.

The 50s saw a huge increase of popularity on the continent and in Asia for the English game, that was due to a club that's bouncing between the championship and league one at the moment, not because of you muppets.Doncaster Rovers?

GazCol
22nd September 2014, 13:33
Doncaster Rovers?

Amongst others haha, I was thinking more Wolves and their tours.

Doggy Styles
22nd September 2014, 13:36
United have always been giants on the world stage together with real and barca. That gave the EPL world wide coverage. Not good for English football to see English clubs dropping down the world pecking orderA lot of United fans suffer these delusions. Do you really think fans of other clubs agree with you?

If they care about England's place in the pecking order, and not many do, they wouldn't see Man Utd as some sort of lone flag-bearer for it.

If they care about Man Utd at all, they'll have a bit of schadenfreude about their current predicament, but they are more interested in their own clubs.

stek
22nd September 2014, 14:07
A lot of United fans suffer these delusions. Do you really think fans of other clubs agree with you?

If they care about England's place in the pecking order, and not many do, they wouldn't see Man Utd as some sort of lone flag-bearer for it.

If they care about Man Utd at all, they'll have a bit of schadenfreude about their current predicament, but they are more interested in their own clubs.

Gloryhunters, though no doubt the poster will have supported them 'from being a kid when they were rubbish' and 'because my dad was born in Stretford..'.

I started supporting Bolton Wanderers in the early 70's under Jimmy Armfield's tenure, before Leeds United pinched him, and I supported them home and mostly away through thin and thinner.

Promotion to Division One in 78, then the subsequent spiral down to the old Division Four, first game away to new-league members Scarborough Town, lost 4-0, I was there......

Trouble is these people want the swings and not the roundabouts, Utd have had their moment, it's most likely over, for a few years at least. Might as well support City then because they are doing better.....

cojak
22nd September 2014, 16:31
Yep, and just think of all those flouncing footballers who won't be interested in them because they missed out on the Championship League for a second year in a row :D

minestrone
2nd November 2014, 12:13
Big game today.

Bunk
2nd November 2014, 14:11
Down to 10 men with about 50 minutes still to go :smokin

Bunk
2nd November 2014, 14:21
Should be down to 9 men and should have conceded 2 penalties.

stek
2nd November 2014, 14:46
Is it me or does Van Gaal look like the head in The Thing that falls off and grows spider legs.....?

GazCol
3rd November 2014, 14:55
Long may it continue. 4 derby wins on the bounce now! 6 of the last 7.

ZARDOZ
3rd November 2014, 16:09
What is predictable is Liverpool fans have gone from "we can win the league" back to mediocre under achieving with over-obsession with 'the downfall' of United (who have lost fewer games than them so far).

BoredBloke
3rd November 2014, 16:19
In all honesty I don't think United did that badly. Yes city should have had a couple of penalties and that would have meant being reduced to 9, but they were not given. The team held out with a makeshift defence for 60 mins playing 10 v 11, away from home and against the current champions and a striker in top form. For the last 15 it was city who were wanting the final whistle, not united.

The sending off was completely needless! The yellow smalling picked up for blocking hart was stupid and a cheap yellow to earn. The second, given he was already on a yellow should not have happened. Any player with any sense would not have dived in the way he did. That means in the next game will be without all our central defenders. Basically Smalling is a prick!

Doggy Styles
3rd November 2014, 16:51
...That means in the next game will be without all our central defenders...What central defenders are they then? :wink

BoredBloke
3rd November 2014, 16:55
What central defenders are they then? :wink

Well in name only!! Obviously. We have Chris '****witt' Smalling. Phin 'Made of glass' Jones and, to give him his full title, Jonny ******* Evans. And then there is the new guy who did his shoulder in - Rojo or whatever he's called!

minestrone
18th December 2014, 13:22
See if they had just given Moyes the money to buy Bale at the start of last season they would have been in the CL this season.

Manchester United news and transfers: £90million Gareth Bale bid being readied? - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-news-transfers-90million-4831337)

Moyes was totally stiffed last season and it cost them dear.

AtW
30th August 2015, 19:19

minestrone
30th August 2015, 19:41
He has to be punted, absolute joke of a manager.

Gumbo Robot
30th August 2015, 20:12
:yay:

minestrone
31st August 2015, 08:00
Rooney is completely finished, someone has to make the decision to drop him and nobody seems able to do that seeing as he is on about 200k a week.

Man City will be 10 points clear by Christmas and look to win the league with a 15 - 20 points gap.

Chelsea will not make CL next season which I will enjoy seeing. Mourinho lost the plot when he slated the Doctor and has now lost the respect of the team.

original PM
1st September 2015, 08:49
Rooney is completely finished, someone has to make the decision to drop him and nobody seems able to do that seeing as he is on about 200k a week.

Man City will be 10 points clear by Christmas and look to win the league with a 15 - 20 points gap.

Chelsea will not make CL next season which I will enjoy seeing. Mourinho lost the plot when he slated the Doctor and has now lost the respect of the team.

Not finished but he is not the man to lead the line

need a top glass goalscorer ahead of him and then he plays in the number 10 role.

Top 4 will still be

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United (maybe not in that order)

AtW
10th September 2015, 16:03
Revealed: Manchester United players angered by Louis van Gaal's treatment of Rafael and role of video analyst - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11855660/Revealed-Manchester-United-players-angered-by-Louis-van-Gaals-treatment-of-Rafael-and-role-of-video-analyst.html)

You'll take it and you'll like it!!!

LondonManc
10th September 2015, 16:17
Revealed: Manchester United players angered by Louis van Gaal's treatment of Rafael and role of video analyst - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11855660/Revealed-Manchester-United-players-angered-by-Louis-van-Gaals-treatment-of-Rafael-and-role-of-video-analyst.html)

You'll take it and you'll like it!!!

You're pronouncing analyst wrong hth

AtW
15th September 2015, 22:22
oh dear

Luke Shaw faces long battle after shocking injury, as United throw away lead to lose at PSV - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11866715/Luke-Shaw-faces-long-battle-after-shocking-injury-as-United-throw-away-lead-to-lose-at-PSV.html)

quackhandle
12th December 2015, 19:29
:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

qh

AtW
12th December 2015, 20:37
" Manchester United lost ground at the top of the table as their former striker Joshua King scored the winner in Bournemouth's 2-1 triumph. "

BBC Sport - Bournemouth 2-1 Manchester United (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35014111)

:smokin

btw, don't forget to check our sister thread: Jose Mourinho sacked (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/108962-jose-mourinho-sacked.html)

AtW
19th December 2015, 21:26
Manchester United 1 Norwich City 2, match report: Louis Van Gaal’s much-trumpeted philosophy is reaching its end - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/12059708/Manchester-United-1-Norwich-City-2-match-report-Louis-Van-Gaals-much-trumpeted-philosophy-is-reaching-its-end.html)

"This cannot go on"

original PM
20th December 2015, 10:51
He can fook off and take shrek with him.

We want the chosen one

:-S

AtW
20th December 2015, 15:36
We want the chosen one

You do???

:eek

"Special One" is a spent force, he had some fun with his boss had billions of blood money to spend on footballers

AtW
21st December 2015, 18:30
Man Utd must put Louis van Gaal out of his misery - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12061752/Man-Utd-must-put-Louis-van-Gaal-out-of-his-misery.html)

:violin:

AtW
23rd December 2015, 18:18
BBC Sport - Louis van Gaal: Manchester United boss walks out of news conference (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35166770)

" The 64-year-old Dutchman was unhappy at being asked about his future following speculation that he could be sacked. "

quackhandle
26th December 2015, 14:40
She's clearing her throat...

qh

darmstadt
26th December 2015, 15:05
On the team noticeboard...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8q8LYHZ1J44/Uyi5RBxqUUI/AAAAAAAACy8/a8sNtZBJ79M/s1600/Bad-Language-Can-Get-You-Fired.jpg

AtW
26th December 2015, 16:15
Oh dear...

BBC Sport - Stoke City 2-0 Manchester United (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35139937)

AtW
26th December 2015, 16:41
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03535/jose_3535569b.jpg

Source:

Stoke City 2 Manchester United 0 match report: City pile pressure on Louis Van Gaal - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12069719/Stoke-City-2-Manchester-United-0-match-report-City-pile-pressure-on-Louis-Van-Gaal.html)

AtW
27th December 2015, 01:23
BBC Sport - Louis van Gaal: Man Utd boss says he could choose to quit (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35182965)

Come on already! :smokin

AtW
28th December 2015, 01:54
Louis van Gaal's reign set to end even if Manchester United beat Chelsea at Old Trafford - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12070873/Louis-van-Gaals-reign-set-to-end-even-if-Manchester-United-beat-Chelsea-at-Old-Trafford.html)

Hurry up FFS! :mad

AtW
23rd January 2016, 16:59
Manchester United fans vent anger at Louis van Gaal after Charlie Austin hands Southampton win - live - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/12114396/Manchester-United-vs-Southampton-Premier-League-live.html)

LondonManc
25th January 2016, 09:26
Talks of a quit announcement today. :yay:

Need a new manager in and money spent sharpish on a good right-winger (fao Nick Griffin, not you pal).

Back to 4-4-2 and release Fellaini back into the wild.

Lost It
25th January 2016, 12:17
Always said it. Players should be on performance related pay. If they lose they get nothing. If they draw they get 1/2 pay. If they win they get paid their agreed wages.

I seem to recall Moyes did a much better job that Van Gaal in his tenure. But why blame the manager? If the players can't be arsed, it should be them that suffer. Look at England's performances. The women have more fight in them. These primadonna's need a wake up call. You can lead a horse to water, in some cases they need to hold their heads under until they wake up. Or not.

LondonManc
25th January 2016, 12:25
Always said it. Players should be on performance related pay. If they lose they get nothing. If they draw they get 1/2 pay. If they win they get paid their agreed wages.

I seem to recall Moyes did a much better job that Van Gaal in his tenure. But why blame the manager? If the players can't be arsed, it should be them that suffer. Look at England's performances. The women have more fight in them. These primadonna's need a wake up call. You can lead a horse to water, in some cases they need to hold their heads under until they wake up. Or not.

Your head needs checking then. Moyes signed Fellaini, although admittedly Van Gaal insists on playing him. :(

The problem with Van Gaal is that while he's culled the squad correctly, he's reverted to being so risk averse that you could go to any United game at Old Trafford this season and you've watched them all. From sitting behind the goals you can see channels open up but nobody making a run because they're scared of being out of position should we lose the ball. There's no width to the game either, so we should do what Allardyce did at the Boleyn Ground and narrow the pitch.

Lost It
25th January 2016, 12:40
Your head needs checking then. Moyes signed Fellaini, although admittedly Van Gaal insists on playing him. :(

Pretty sure there was a presentation on MOTD on Sunday last showing results over time period. And Moyes was "better".

Although TBH I'm not that impressed with the state of football recently. Used to see people running around the pitch, not walking. Used to see them watching the ball, not wandering around with their backs to it...

pr1
25th January 2016, 12:46

Moyes was on 40 points now at the same time in his season (LVG 37)

LVG signed Di Maria and Falcao (look how that went) - at least Fellani showed he could play in the premier league at Everton

FiveTimes
25th January 2016, 13:21
Reports are that at 2.30 it will be announced when the stock market opens.

LondonManc
25th January 2016, 13:24
Moyes was on 40 points now at the same time in his season (LVG 37)

LVG signed Di Maria and Falcao (look how that went) - at least Fellani showed he could play in the premier league at Everton

Under Moyes, we were told that "we'll make it difficult" for Newcastle. At Old Trafford. Where we have usually stuffed them.

Under Moyes, he said that we should aspire to be like Man City. :puke:

Di Maria's backside fell out after he'd had a gun in his face at home to be fair.

Moyes depressed me, Van Gaal simply baffles me with the teams he puts out and tactics he uses. The squad looks far better than the one Moyes had (and he'd inherited the league Champions, had two windows to have a good look at Bale, Alcantara, etc.) but the tactics are very negative.

pr1
25th January 2016, 14:13
Under Moyes, we were told that "we'll make it difficult" for Newcastle. At Old Trafford. Where we have usually stuffed them.

Under Moyes, he said that we should aspire to be like Man City. :puke:

Di Maria's backside fell out after he'd had a gun in his face at home to be fair.

Moyes depressed me, Van Gaal simply baffles me with the teams he puts out and tactics he uses. The squad looks far better than the one Moyes had (and he'd inherited the league Champions, had two windows to have a good look at Bale, Alcantara, etc.) but the tactics are very negative.

Whereas we had a thrilling 0-0 vs Newcastle at old trafford this season?

The squad looks better because he's been allowed to spend £250m, and it still doesn't look good enough to win the PL the way they play. LVG gets more leeway because of his past, if he had a Moyes mask on he'd have gone by now

So boring to watch (luckily I don't have a season ticket)

LondonManc
25th January 2016, 14:26
Whereas we had a thrilling 0-0 vs Newcastle at old trafford this season?

The squad looks better because he's been allowed to spend £250m, and it still doesn't look good enough to win the PL the way they play. LVG gets more leeway because of his past, if he had a Moyes mask on he'd have gone by now

So boring to watch (luckily I don't have a season ticket)

2/7 to get sacked before the end of the season. According to Skybet, the only other manager who is more likely than no manager getting sacked before the end of the season is Villa's.

Things were looking good at the start of the season, to be fair. Shaw and Memphis looked great together down the left but I just don't know where he gets his obsession with Fellaini from.

northernladuk
25th January 2016, 14:38
2/7 to get sacked before the end of the season.

Not great odds but that looks like a good bet to me.

pr1
25th January 2016, 14:42
Not great odds but that looks like a good bet to me.

I'd happily take your money on that - I think more likely to be sacked after last game - no one is going to turn it around now (transfer window closes in 1 week)

(I'll make sure I buy an edible hat)

BoredBloke
25th January 2016, 16:58
I'd like somebody to shoot Fellaini - although LVG would still probably play him as there is a chance the ball could bounce off him in the same way it does when he's living!

LondonManc
25th January 2016, 17:30
I'd like somebody to shoot Fellaini - although LVG would still probably play him as there is a chance the ball could bounce off him in the same way it does when he's living!

He plays like someone's controlling him with a broken controller.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DelectableUnsightlyEskimodog.gif

BoredBloke
25th January 2016, 17:40
He really is f***ing useless.

original PM
26th January 2016, 07:36
apparently he offered to leave on Saturday but was talked out of it...

I think Shaw being injured has made a big difference - however if he had not got injured I think it would have covered up a lot of mediocrity assuming he continued to play as he was.

AtW
28th January 2016, 17:02
Louis van Gaal: Man Utd boss says Derby defeat may get him sacked - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35431777)

LondonManc
28th January 2016, 17:08
Louis van Gaal: Man Utd boss says Derby defeat may get him sacked - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35431777)

It's his Fergie 1990 at Forest moment, no question about it. Would be nice to win the FA Cup again, it's what I was brought up on with Big Norm's winner in 85

AtW
28th January 2016, 17:13
"He claimed the media had "sacked" him three times this season, but said he "cannot lose" to the Championship club in the FA Cup fourth-round tie."

4 actually :eyes

SlipTheJab
28th January 2016, 17:16
I read that initially as a local derby i.e. Man City vs Utd but the fella is banging on about Derby County FFS, If you can't beat an out of form side a league lower that you then yes maybe it its time for them to ditch him and bring in a top management talent like Tim Sherwood :D

stek
28th January 2016, 17:17
It's his Fergie 1990 at Forest moment, no question about it. Would be nice to win the FA Cup again, it's what I was brought up on with Big Norm's winner in 85

Hark now hear
The Lever (End) sing
The pilot was my mate
He was the man
Who flew the plane
In Nineteen Fifty-Eight...

My Dad taught me that, RIP stek's Dad, would be 84 now if he hadn't have died...

Animals...

http://s23.postimg.org/t0nqknqgr/cheyennepicture9lwen0.jpg

LondonManc
28th January 2016, 18:11
Hark now hear
The Lever (End) sing
The pilot was my mate
He was the man
Who flew the plane
In Nineteen Fifty-Eight...

My Dad taught me that, RIP stek's Dad, would be 84 now if he hadn't have died...

Animals...

http://s23.postimg.org/t0nqknqgr/cheyennepicture9lwen0.jpg

Bolton driving their coach through United territory, great idea after the perceived cheating.

Oh and yeah, classy Munich song. Still saw your lot in the 00s still giving it the airplane gestures at the Reebok Macron Deserted Stadium. Getting what you deserved now. :winker:

On a lighter note, I regularly have a pint with Bert Sproston's nephew. Top bloke, big United fan. Took him years to admit that his uncle played for City. :laugh

stek
28th January 2016, 18:18
Bolton driving their coach through United territory, great idea after the perceived cheating.

Oh and yeah, classy Munich song. Still saw your lot in the 00s still giving it the airplane gestures at the Reebok Macron Deserted Stadium. Getting what you deserved now. :winker:

On a lighter note, I regularly have a pint with Bert Sproston's nephew. Top bloke, big United fan. Took him years to admit that his uncle played for City. :laugh

I used to work with Bert Sproston's Mrs, Eileen I think her name was. Both sound people. Also met Nat Lofthouse several times, now he was a throughly decent chap, nicest bloke in football so far.

Also remember Utd Fans painting 'Burnden Disaster, ha ha ha' on the Lever End wall c. 1972' was there for ages, so we're both as guilty of gallows humour!!

AtW
13th February 2016, 17:10
oh dear ...

Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35510140)

fullyautomatix
14th February 2016, 09:29
oh dear ...

Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35510140)

Oh dear! Sack him already. He has turned out to be worse than Moyes. Get Mourinho, the specialist in failure, in quick!

AtW
18th February 2016, 21:35
How did Manchester United lose to FC Midtjylland and what does it mean for Louis van Gaal? - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12163771/How-did-Manchester-United-lose-to-FC-Midtjylland-and-what-does-it-mean-for-Louis-van-Gaal.html)

AtW
19th February 2016, 18:25
Louis van Gaal fighting for Manchester United future after humiliating defeat at FC Midtjylland angers fans and media - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12163771/How-were-Manchester-United-humiliated-by-FC-Midtjylland-and-will-Louis-van-Gaal-be-able-to-escape-the-sack.html)

and in the meantime...

Chelsea make peace with Jose Mourinho by sending him replica trophies - and a thank you letter - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/12165494/Chelsea-make-peace-with-Jose-Mourinho-by-sending-him-replica-trophies-and-a-thank-you-letter.html)

darmstadt
19th February 2016, 18:47
But:

The Fiver knows a lost cause when it sees one. We’ve got mirrors in the house. And as the most self-aware teatime email around, we are struggling to comprehend why Louis van Gaal and/or Ed Woodward haven’t called off a relationship so barren and loveless that it makes Charles and Diana look like Heathcliff and Cathy by comparison.
Yes, it’s been another bad 24 hours for Van Gaal, whose team went from being in two cup competitions to being in two cup competitions with a 2-1 defeat to Midtjylland. Van Gaal was largely responsible after scoring two own-goals, missing eight penalties and ending David de Gea’s career, yet he still has the effrontery to imbibe oxygen without apology.
Woodward’s failure to address this increasingly horrific humanitarian emergency has received proportionate coverage in the media. “Louis van Gaal must be sacked by Manchester United NOW,” demanded one headline which, according to some sources, may even have been written by a grown human being.
As well as being portrayed as Ted Bundy’s less sympathetic sibling, Van Gaal has been openly ridiculed by thousands of people who are far better at their jobs than the former Big Cup, La Liga, Bundesliga and Eredivisie winner who jumpstarted the careers of Xavi, Andrés Iniesta, Patrick Kluivert and Thomas Müller has ever been at his.
This absurd Dutchman has the nerve to point out, with a straight face, that having an entire XI worth almost £200m out injured constitutes some kind of misfortune. Next he’ll be trying to tell us that even the greatest manager of all, Sir Alex Ferguson, struggled to such an extent during a similar injury crisis that his team blew a 12-point lead in 1997-98 and ended up winning bugger all that season! He’s even got the nerve to hang about until he gets sacked, thereby getting a multi-million pay-off that secures his family’s future!
Money is the most logical reason for an impasse that even Uncle Fiver reckons is bloody weird, what with money being the motivation for approximately 100.00% of things that happen in modern football. The situation is doing nobody any favours, however – least of all a 64-year-old man who has taken an extraordinary amount of heat, on behalf of far bigger villains, from people who are allergic to dignity.

barrydidit
20th February 2016, 09:37
The fiver is still going! Feck me.

AtW
29th April 2016, 22:33
Jose Mourinho &#39;has agreement&#39; to join Manchester United and replace Louis van Gaal (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/29/jose-mourinho-has-agreement-to-join-manchester-united-and-replac/)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/04/29/94785239_Mourinho-large_trans++WxGSA6EqCkNPLXCjaqkxzQndywhEdKOld4rgS bQiA7k.jpg

original PM
30th April 2016, 10:59
Jose Mourinho &#39;has agreement&#39; to join Manchester United and replace Louis van Gaal (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/29/jose-mourinho-has-agreement-to-join-manchester-united-and-replac/)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/04/29/94785239_Mourinho-large_trans++WxGSA6EqCkNPLXCjaqkxzQndywhEdKOld4rgS bQiA7k.jpg

That is a story made up of lots of ifs,buts n maybes.

If van gaal finishes with the fa cup and a cl place he is going nowhere.

AtW
10th May 2016, 22:55
Sheet....

Louis van Gaal appears secure in his role after Manchester United admits manager vetoed move for Renato Sanches (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/10/louis-van-gaal-appears-secure-in-his-role-after-manchester-unite/)

:mad

saptastic
11th May 2016, 09:02
Always wondered what was on that stupid clipboard.

What's This Louis? Manchester United Boss Reveals Wine Bottle In Tactics Folder - talkingbaws (http://talkingbaws.com/2015/05/whats-this-louis-manchester-united-boss-reveals-wine-bottle-in-tactics-folder/)

Red Wine :D

LondonManc
11th May 2016, 09:38
It's very simple - why are the board trusting this cretin with their transfer kitty.
De Gea, Shaw, Martial, Mata, Rashford.

Keep them, bin the rest.

AtW
21st May 2016, 22:30
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/05/21/98726043_jose-mourinho-sport-large_trans++Fv10vjOE91MzzYNjkOmeGVzrDPciy2mWQc2Ct wl-rkM.jpg

Jose Mourinho to be appointed as Man Utd manager this week (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/21/jose-mourinho-to-be-appointed-as-man-utd-manager-this-week/)

Hurry up!!! :eyes

jamesbrown
21st May 2016, 22:45
New Mourinho sacked <placeholder> required. :eyes

minestrone
22nd May 2016, 12:27
I used to have a high regard for Manchester United as a club but the way they have handled Moyes and LVG has been disgraceful.

The Mourinho experiment is going to end in tears, the club and person are two egos reaching out to try and rekindle past glories.

jamesbrown
22nd May 2016, 12:32
The Mourinho experiment is going to end in tears, the club and person are two egos reaching out to try and rekindle past glories.

Absolutely. It's going to be an epic fail. He develops a siege mentality that ultimately destroys morale.

original PM
22nd May 2016, 12:50
I have to agree should have let van gaal finish his contract.

Mourinho is a testicle

AtW
22nd May 2016, 14:36
"Van Gaal, 64, two seasons into a three-year deal, said last week expectations at Old Trafford were "much too high"."

AtW
22nd May 2016, 14:50
Louis van Gaal tells reporters "it's over" as he leaves Manchester United team hotel (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/22/louis-van-gaal-tells-reporters-its-over-as-he-leaves-manchester/)

original PM
22nd May 2016, 16:29
Louis van Gaal tells reporters "it's over" as he leaves Manchester United team hotel (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/22/louis-van-gaal-tells-reporters-its-over-as-he-leaves-manchester/)

Apparently he meant the season.

Or something

SimonMac
23rd May 2016, 11:13
<placeholder>

AtW

Manchester United: Louis van Gaal sacked as manager - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36356584)

AtW
23rd May 2016, 11:24
Manchester United: Louis van Gaal sacked as manager - BBC Sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36356584)

First time ever minestrone was right...

LondonManc
23rd May 2016, 11:35

First time ever minestrone was right...

About as difficult as tipping Frankel to win a race to be fair.

Nice way to finish it off, with the FA Cup.

Unix
23rd May 2016, 12:21
Man Utd will do the treble next year, Mourinho is a god, he will stay at Man U for 20 years and win 19 Premierships and 10 Champions leagues and become knighted and nobel peace prize will be awarded to him.

Mordac
23rd May 2016, 12:24
"Van Gaal, 64, two seasons into a three-year deal, said last week expectations at Old Trafford were "much too high"."

Laugh? I nearly shat meself. Funniest thing I've seen in football since John Terry fell over a few years back. Until the mighty Rangers were beaten by a 2nd division team on Saturday...:laugh