• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Van Gaal Sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Gaal Sacked

<placeholder>

AtW

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    <placeholder>

AtW
    Unless you are putting a placeholder for 2 or 3 years from now then I can't see the point. Last year Moyes was awful in every respect and an obviously stupid choice. This year they have the right choice just an awful squad. Once the squad improves then the results will improve under Van Gaal.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Unless you are putting a placeholder for 2 or 3 years from now then I can't see the point. Last year Moyes was awful in every respect and an obviously stupid choice. This year they have the right choice just an awful squad. Once the squad improves then the results will improve under Van Gaal.
      But his nickname is the iron tulip. I thought they might get top 4 till I heard that. His tenure is clearly only going in one direction.

Comment

The sacking mentality is with us, no trophies, no job diktat applies to bigger clubs than MUFC and better managers than Van Gaal...

Christmas will tell.

Comment

It always looked to me like the players weren't trying last year at all. And I do wonder if it's the same this year. As another has said, know by christmas what the deal it.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

He inherited a weak squad. No strong midfielders, no strong centre-backs. That's the spine of the team that needs replacing.

Also, he's changing them to play the Dutch way, and it's well-known that English players have problems learning new tactics. He said it would take three months.

Comment

"meet the new boss - same as the old boss.."

Well done The Swans.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

They don't have an awful squad, they just don't have an amazing one. Beating low-mid-ranked teams with their squad should not be a big ask with a good manager. And a great manager can win even against teams with much better players.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On the plus Villa won, looks like top 6 this year is a cert

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    They don't have an awful squad, they just don't have an amazing one. Beating low-mid-ranked teams with their squad should not be a big ask with a good manager. And a great manager can win even against teams with much better players.
                    Perhaps they are still tired from their off season "rest". I'm often amazed that these players often don't get a rest at all in the off season. And its full throttle until May with no rest at all. Its no wonder these guys are knackered by 35.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X