• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red letter day zombie survival thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red letter day zombie survival thing

Had anyone been on one of these?
    Any advice or tips?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Found that these experience days never quite live up to expectations. The Ferrari thrill experience was small circuit built out of cones at the end of a disused runway so not exactly the 'circuit' I was expecting. Plenty of accelerating but never really had the space to build up any speed.

Comment

Originally posted by FGB View Post
      Found that these experience days never quite live up to expectations. The Ferrari thrill experience was small circuit built out of cones at the end of a disused runway so not exactly the 'circuit' I was expecting. Plenty of accelerating but never really had the space to build up any speed.
      Yeah, I've found the "Red Letter" stuff to be really quite misleading until you drill into the small print. I used to work at a Paintball site and it was so painful seeing the groups turn up who thought they were going to get a whole day out from some £25 red letter type package. Best to find them direct, IMHO and you can get a real look at what you're getting. You'll almost certainly pay more but you'll probably get a lot more satisfaction from it.

I've not done it, but this one: Ram Training: Live Action Military and Horror Events gets rave reviews from what I can gather, and I'm very tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Any advice or tips?
        If it's with these guys, they get rave reviews Zed Events
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Went along and had fun. I have played quite a few live action horror games where the emphasis was on horror and fear and this was different. It was mainly an airsoft game at night where the enemy did not have guns and took a lot of hits to put down. It got really tense at times which was nice but I got the impression towards the end that unless you were really stupid the zombies had been briefed not to take you down.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I wouldn't be able to do a Zombie survival day as your not allowed to hit them.
            Too many years playing games I would switch in to melee attack mode!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Any advice or tips?
              Find a deserted shopping mall and barricade yourself inside. If you don't have access to firearms, a shovel is probably the best all round improvised weapon for zombie killing defence.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
              X