• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The motorbike thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motorbike thread

I've seen a few people mention bikes around here, so I thought we could show them off in here. What have you got?

I've got this, a naked Bandit 650, but I'm on the verge of a more tourer-like upgrade. Perhaps a VFR800. I love the Bandit to bits, but it's really not a motorway bike - things get cold and super windy very quickly.

What I used to have...an XS 650...

Triumph 750, Kawasaki Gpz1100 and Kawasaki z650:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Currently a Kawasaki GTR 1400

My Current Ride

The wife rides a Fazer 8 ABS.

First "bike" was a Honda C50.
      XT125
      XT600
      TDM850
      Fazer 1000
      FJR 1300
      Then the GTR.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 18 August 2014, 07:16.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

My current bike

previous bikes

mobylette moped
        BSA bantam 175
        suzuki stinger 125
        Royal Enfield Continental GT 250 - 1965
        Honda CB500T - crashed - screw holds my left fibula together
        Honda CB175 - for despatch riding
        Yamaha SR 500 - for despatch riding

x
        Last edited by DodgyAccountant; 18 August 2014, 13:14.

Comment

From my days in Madrid I used to ride a Burgman 400cc scooter and here I bought the equivalent from yamaha. Very good for getting into the centre of Leeds and and space under the seat for 2 helmets good for doing the shop at kirkgate market too.

Comment

I do love bikes but would never ride on one,
            Seen to many liveleek vids

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Who would ride a pink bike?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Dunno, but it's red in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                  From my days in Madrid I used to ride a Burgman 400cc scooter and here I bought the equivalent from yamaha. Very good for getting into the centre of Leeds and and space under the seat for 2 helmets good for doing the shop at kirkgate market too.
                  This is a bike thread, start your own thread if you want to talk scooters.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
                    My current bike
                    Love that - not sure I could 'live' with a classic bike, though. I love my classic cars and they're irritating enough - I quite like having a bike that just starts and works as I expect.

Comment

Working...
                    X