• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Assange to Surrender

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assange to Surrender

BBC News - Julian Assange 'to leave' Ecuador embassy

About time the cowardly sod faced up to his responsibilities.

He will go to the USA via Sweden. I just dont see the US letting him off the hook
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It was very bad of him to divulge info that led to US agents in the field being identified by their opponents (If that happened - we only have the US Government's word for it don't we? )

But other than that, and his personal peccadillos (again, if these aren't just fictions cooked up by the authorities to try and discredit him), I'm slightly surprised you don't consider him one of the Good Guys for coordinating the release of secrets of governments and mega corps and so on.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"It is time for his human rights to be finally respected,"

And the rights of the women who have made the sexual assault allegations should be ignored, presumably.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          It was very bad of him to divulge info that led to US agents in the field being identified by their opponents (If that happened - we only have the US Government's word for it don't we? )

But other than that, and his personal peccadillos (again, if these aren't just fictions cooked up by the authorities to try and discredit him), I'm slightly surprised you don't consider him one of the Good Guys for coordinating the release of secrets of governments and mega corps and so on.
          I couldn't care less what he's done that was of value (and the US has, I believe, never produced any evidence that anybody was endangered by the WikiLeaks releases). The simple fact is that, after due process of law, it has been determined by the Swedes that he has a case to answer; hiding himself away to avoid doing so was the act of a coward. Let him go to Sweden and face trial.

(Note that he can only be extradited to the US from Sweden with the permission of the UK government; and that the US has not applied for his extradition.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I couldn't care less what he's done that was of value (and the US has, I believe, never produced any evidence that anybody was endangered by the WikiLeaks releases). The simple fact is that, after due process of law, it has been determined by the Swedes that he has a case to answer; hiding himself away to avoid doing so was the act of a coward. Let him go to Sweden and face trial.

(Note that he can only be extradited to the US from Sweden with the permission of the UK government; and that the US has not applied for his extradition.)
            Bulltulip.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              Bulltulip.

Drive-by insults are soo un-cool
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                Bulltulip.
                A cogent argument, clearly stated and developed with the wit and acuity of a logical genius

Comment

I must admit I suspect he may end up in the US.

He should face a fair trial for the accusations of sexual misconduct.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I must admit I suspect he may end up in the US.

He should face a fair trial for the accusations of sexual misconduct.
                    only a bone-head would not fear the likely chain of events.
                    Sweden
                    Jail
                    extradition demand from US
                    UK is out of the loop
                    Oz is out of the loop
                    USA
                    Jailed for life
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...