• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those internal negotiations you make while working away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those internal negotiations you make while working away

1st beer : ok now listen here ole son, 2 pints max then off to bed.

2nd beer : on track ole son. Just stick to what we agreed and you'll be fine.

3rd beer : well dammit, it's been a long day and you deserve it. Feck it why not.

4th beer : ok this is definitely the last. Have a glass of water before bed and you'll be fine.

5th beer : gosh this hotels nice. This beers going down a treat. If I have some peanuts and a couple of glasses of water before bed I'll be fine.

6th beer : ok what was I saying. Ooh look CUK. Did I pack the neurofen? Couple of bags of peanuts, 5 glasses of water and a pot noodle I'll be fine.

7th beer : hotel, bill, zzzzz, <slump> .... Change of blood ..... Peanuts. Whiskey? Germany, <hic>. <slump>

8th beer : liver. Dammit. Organ transplant. Ooh look, squirrels. <slam>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

get a sudukio.
    read the paper, if you dont start the sudukio within 2 pints, you'll never finish it
    do sudukio
    after 4 pints, give up
    start thinking about your slab of stinky blue cheese and jar of pickles waiting in the room

repeat for 20 years
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      get a sudukio.
      read the paper, if you dont start the sudukio within 2 pints, you'll never finish it
      do sudukio
      after 4 pints, give up
      start thinking about your slab of stinky blue cheese and jar of pickles waiting in the room

repeat for 20 years
      This is uncanny. How do you know about my personal hygiene?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        This is uncanny. How do you know about my personal hygiene?
        because your missus was slurrping the end of me saus, and thought it was familiar
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

because your missus was slurrping the end of me saus, and thought it was familiar
          POTD

Comment

It can be a sh1te existance. but with broad shoulders
            you can carry the family

and do an awful lot of good
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Don't have the first one and you'll be fine.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                1st beer : ok now listen here ole son, 2 pints max then off to bed.

2nd beer : on track ole son. Just stick to what we agreed and you'll be fine.

3rd beer : well dammit, it's been a long day and you deserve it. Feck it why not.

4th beer : ok this is definitely the last. Have a glass of water before bed and you'll be fine.

5th beer : gosh this hotels nice. This beers going down a treat. If I have some peanuts and a couple of glasses of water before bed I'll be fine.

6th beer : ok what was I saying. Ooh look CUK. Did I pack the neurofen? Couple of bags of peanuts, 5 glasses of water and a pot noodle I'll be fine.

7th beer : hotel, bill, zzzzz, <slump> .... Change of blood ..... Peanuts. Whiskey? Germany, <hic>. <slump>

8th beer : liver. Dammit. Organ transplant. Ooh look, squirrels. <slam>
                erm...all you need to think about is: You can expense it
                Join IPSE

Comment

that would have me reaching for a bottle of red or port.

oh dear 2 bottles of Isla Negra on a school night. But we did have our curry dinner cooked by an ever so nice lady.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

#6?

Comment

Working...
                    X