• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's that for career progression?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's that for career progression?

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website - Headlines - Verstappen to race for Toro Rosso in 2015

So last year he was racing go-karts. Next year he's driving an F1 car!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Impressive! Though F1 has long had its roots in Karting, I do wonder if he's missing out on some progression somewhere.

Comment

Nepotism rules.

As soon as I saw "Verstappen" I knew there would a family connection.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

And the year after he'll be able to start driving lessons. (18 in NL apparently).

If he gets on the podium, will he be allowed to drink the champagne?

Waiting to at least adulthood would seem a bit more sensible. They could let him test in F1 and maybe race in GP2 for a year with a view to putting him in the car for 2016.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Listening on radio this morning, don't think he's gone straight from Karts to F1 he said he was very proud of his Formula 3000 wins?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Listening on radio this morning, don't think he's gone straight from Karts to F1 he said he was very proud of his Formula 3000 wins?

qh
            Correct. Last year he won the karting championship. This year he is in F3 which is a big jump in itself. The progression isn't that unusual but to do only one year in a 'proper' formula before taking on F1 is remarkable when you consider how many great drivers there are aged about 20 who have much more experience.

He does appear to be very good (won 6 F3 races on the trot) but even so, what's the rush?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Correct. Last year he won the karting championship. This year he is in F3 which is a big jump in itself. The progression isn't that unusual but to do only one year in a 'proper' formula before taking on F1 is remarkable when you consider how many great drivers there are aged about 20 who have much more experience.

He does appear to be very good (won 6 F3 races on the trot) but even so, what's the rush?
              Probably money but maybe talent. TBH I haven't taken a keen interest in F1 since Mansell won the title back in '92.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Come on Niki Lauda!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was just learning to drive at 17

Comment

James Hunt, proper character. Not the one as portrayed in the movie Rush, the Real one.....

Comment

Working...
                    X