• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terraform Mars ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terraform Mars ?

this is quite an interesting take
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

And the cost estimates are probably as accurate as public sector IT project estimates no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
      And the cost estimates are probably as accurate as public sector IT project estimates no doubt.
      well thats the global warming scam for you.
      the terraforming costs look accurate though
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
        Everyone laughed when I bought that plot of land on Mars. Looks like the last laugh's on them.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Everyone laughed when I bought that plot of land on Mars. Looks like the last laugh's on them.
          did you get a ticket on the B ark ?
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

What absolute dumb****ery.

This probably explains it:

Andrew Lilico is an Economist with Europe Economics, and Chairman of the Shadow Monetary Policy Committee. He's also been a mathematical chemist, an opera singer, a philosopher, and a computer programmer.

Anyway...

The conquests of Alexander the Great are sometimes seen through the lens of his desire to stand on the shores of a legendary great ocean he had heard of, where the lands ended....

...And then… well, essentially we stopped. Like late Roman Imperialists hedged in after the Teutoburg Forest, Western culture has decayed into decadent pleasures.

Maybe we should all aspire to cause the deaths of a million or so people rather than decay into enjoying decadent pleasures.

Another scumbag who values algae over human beings, and suggests that those human beings should forfeit their own earnings to pay for their human sacrifice to mother nature.

(not to be considered an endorsement of the AGW nonsense)

Comment

the other benefit of terraforming Mars is that we then are not reliant on the Earth as our only home.

That 'hammer of god' asteroid is out there and the only way for the human race to survive it is to have a permanent self sustained base off Earth.

Comment

I notice the article doesn't say a lot about how to go about terraforming, other than "we know how to do it".

If we were to do it, there's practical limits on the numbers of people we could send. Which means we'd need some kind of breeding programme - i.e. send lots of young women and a small number of lucky men. And we'd want to be selective about it; we don't want the descendants of riff raff colonising a new planet. Seems like a good oppurtunity to start a new race of genetically superior "super-men" and leave old Earth (or "Earth Classic") to the dregs.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  well thats the global warming scam for you.
                  the terraforming costs look accurate though
                  Eternal optimist EternalOptimist.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I notice the article doesn't say a lot about how to go about terraforming, other than "we know how to do it".

If we were to do it, there's practical limits on the numbers of people we could send. Which means we'd need some kind of breeding programme - i.e. send lots of young women and a small number of lucky men. And we'd want to be selective about it; we don't want the descendants of riff raff colonising a new planet. Seems like a good oppurtunity to start a new race of genetically superior "super-men" and leave old Earth (or "Earth Classic") to the dregs.

Hitler thought along similar lines as I remember.

Comment

Working...
                    X