• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IFA Recommendations - Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFA Recommendations - Manchester

Hello All,

I am wanting to get in touch with a decent Financial Advisor to help me make the most out of my war chest and my account balance. Can any one recommend a decent firm?

Thanks

Paul
    Kind Regards,

Paul

I have a guy from St James Place come over from their offices in Durham to see me every so often when we need to discuss things.

He usually times visits for when he's over this way and calls in with me first and then goes over to other family members (or the other way round).
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Does your warchest reside in your company bank account or your personal one?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks FAQQER, I will have a look at their site and see what they offer

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Does your warchest reside in your company bank account or your personal one?
        It is all in the business account.
        Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

Have you checked with your accountant about investing the business money? Obviously there is a tax issue that makes a lot of options pretty useless. He may give you more guidance about what could be worth looking at and what isn't base on the tax situation? Then see what the IFA says about it?

We have had a ton of threads on here asking about what to invest the business money on and most of them come to more or less nothing it seems.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you checked with your accountant about investing the business money? Obviously there is a tax issue that makes a lot of options pretty useless. He may give you more guidance about what could be worth looking at and what isn't base on the tax situation? Then see what the IFA says about it?

We have had a ton of threads on here asking about what to invest the business money on and most of them come to more or less nothing it seems.
            Depending on age, a company pension plan would be a good starter, I'd guess.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks NLUK, I have fired the question over to my accountant to see what options are available, so once I hear, I shall post what he says

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Depending on age, a company pension plan would be a good starter, I'd guess.
              Yeah good point. From my *limited* knowledge on the subject, a pension will be the best option from a business point of view, I do have age & past allowances on my side.

I suppose my question is now whether it is worth taking out some of the money as a divi (in the most tax efficent way), and then investing that personally.
              Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X