• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaargh! The august bank holiday is next monday, the 25th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaargh! The august bank holiday is next monday, the 25th

Why isn't it the following monday, the 1st september?!

Oh, I suppose it's movable like Easter, and the week after next doesn't count as the "last week in august"

Lucky I spotted this, or I'd have turned up at clientco on the 25th and looked a right twit
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

indeed it is always the last Monday in August...

hope you spend the extra free time wisely

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Lucky I spotted this, or I'd have turned up at clientco on the 25th and looked a right twit
      On the other hand, nobody else would have been there to see it

As oPM points out, it has to be the last Monday in the month, or it wouldn't be the August Bank Holiday - the clue's in the name

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        On the other hand, nobody else would have been there to see it

As oPM points out, it has to be the last Monday in the month, or it wouldn't be the August Bank Holiday - the clue's in the name
        I thought it was called that because it is an impressive and respected bank holiday...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I thought it was called that because it is an impressive and respected bank holiday...
          No, it's a holiday for impressive and respected banks.

Comment

This holiday reminds me that. There has been no bank holidays since May. And the next one won't be until December 25th.

Could use a couple more in between?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              This holiday reminds me that. There has been no bank holidays since May. And the next one won't be until December 25th.

Could use a couple more in between?
              I reckon theres a good reason for that.
              I bet its something to do with the harvest.

I've been thinking about a daft song recently. wondering if maybe its not so daft
              'here comes the sun' by the beatles

maybe it does affect peeps a lot ??
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There must be a Bond on, get some cans in. Sorted.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  OK here's a challenge

Think of two more English words that are pronounced differently and have different meaning when capitalised.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    OK here's a challenge

Think of two more English words that are pronounced differently and have different meaning when capitalised.

polish / Polish

Can't think of any more
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X