• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yodel - how are they still in business?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yodel - how are they still in business?

All my experiences of this outfit have been bad. Whenever I order anything online now, I always check the courier & if it's Yodel I take my business elsewhere.

I can only assume they are cheap, or something.

Fortunatley, when you buy direct from Amazon, they always seem to use DPD who are excellent. You can even track the precise location of the delivery van carrying your order.

Contrast that with Yodel whose tracking info told me my item was sat in a depot for a whole week when I'd paid for next day delivery. Dopey bird on the phone told me it would be dispatched when they had a full van load & not to worry about the premium I'd paid for next day delivery as it would be refunded.

Not exactly the point love

They are a joke. I ordered a surround sound system from Amazon and they left a note through (I was in at the time) saying it was in the shed round the back. I was a bit suspicious as the shed is stuffed solid and no way a surround sound system would fit in and guess what, no package. Complained to Yodel and Amazon that this was plain theft and neither wanted to do anything about it. Yodel cannot contact their driver directly (apparently) to check and Amazon just raised a missing item and ordered a new one. No investigation, nothing.

I caught the second one putting a note through my door when the replacement turned up. Didn't even bother knocking.

Joke of a company.

Would also agree with DPD. The two times I have had something from them recently the guy rang me to ask where I was. Once I got back home quick as I was in the pub, the other we made arrangements to leave it. Great service.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Had this off them a few months back

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Would also agree with DPD. The two times I have had something from them recently the guy rang me to ask where I was. Once I got back home quick as I was in the pub, the other we made arrangements to leave it. Great service.
        The clue is in the first word of the acronym of DPD - Deutsche
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

When I was little, we used to play a game where we knocked on someone's door and then ran away before they could answer it.

If only I'd realised then that I could have turned that into a multi-million pound business
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            The clue is in the first word of the acronym of DPD - Deutsche
            Deutscher

Although these days they are part of La Poste and have been renamed for the English-speaking market as "Dynamic Parcel Distribution"
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have had a few deliveries from Yodel - no problems that I can recall.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                They are a joke. I ordered a surround sound system from Amazon and they left a note through (I was in at the time) saying it was in the shed round the back. I was a bit suspicious as the shed is stuffed solid and no way a surround sound system would fit in and guess what, no package. Complained to Yodel and Amazon that this was plain theft and neither wanted to do anything about it. Yodel cannot contact their driver directly (apparently) to check and Amazon just raised a missing item and ordered a new one. No investigation, nothing.

I caught the second one putting a note through my door when the replacement turned up. Didn't even bother knocking.

Joke of a company.

They delivered my surround sound system perfectly, they threw the rear speakers over the fence at the back, left the two front ones and the thumper in the front garden and one in each alley at the side of the house, all I had to do was wire it up

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Deutscher

Although these days they are part of GeoPost (a subsidiary of La Poste) and have been renamed for the English-speaking market as "Dynamic Parcel Distribution"
                  Blimey, you learn something new every day on CUK...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yodel are one of my previous clients. Actually it was a great gig, a cracking rate for basically what was sitting watching screens (aka monitoring) over the Xmas/Jan period.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X