• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance Disclosure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance Disclosure

Good morning,

I have a question about anything i disclose on my SC Clearance.

Will they inform my sponsor about details i have mentioned on my SC application and any findings they make or is this all confidential. The reason being i have not made my sponsor aware about my financial details and also my military service with regards to time served. I am going to be completely honest about everything on my application but i am hoping this remains confidential and nothing is passed on to my sponsor!

Any help or advice appreciated

many thanks

Morning. Read here first: http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...questions.html

Got in before NLUK too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      Morning. Read here first: http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...questions.html

Got in before NLUK too :-)
      To be fair there are 28 pages of fact, fiction and argument in that sticky. It's just like the Opt Out sticky but not quite as bad.

It's quite appropriate to ask such a specific question outside that sticky in the hope that someone will answer it.

It would be different if there was somone to update the first post of such stickies with relevant facts as they are disclosed in the thread, but as it's all voluntary, no one is going to do that which over time as the thread grows, it becomes less useful than it was when it was first created.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor1982 View Post
        Good morning,

I have a question about anything i disclose on my SC Clearance.

Will they inform my sponsor about details i have mentioned on my SC application and any findings they make or is this all confidential. The reason being i have not made my sponsor aware about my financial details and also my military service with regards to time served. I am going to be completely honest about everything on my application but i am hoping this remains confidential and nothing is passed on to my sponsor!

Any help or advice appreciated

many thanks
        Your sponsor will have full access to everything you put on the forms to the vetting agency with the exception of the criminal records statement (which is why it's in a separate section) which is marked with a simple pass or fail. Otherwise, how else can they assess your suitability to be cleared for the role in question? It's a test of your honesty and ability to be blackmailed or coerced: everything will be cross-checked anyway and hiding things is utterly pointless.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies,

My issue is that my discharge certificate says i served longer than i did by 1 year. Which i have just gone along with because to be fair it has never been an issue, i fear now this may be. i have created my whole CV around my military experience, but i will admit this to the screening company however i fear the employing company may not be as happy to know, if this new information comes to light.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies,

My issue is that my discharge certificate says i served longer than i did by 1 year. Which i have just gone along with because to be fair it has never been an issue, i fear now this may be. i have created my whole CV around my military experience, but i will admit this to the screening company however i fear the employing company may not be as happy to know, if this new information comes to light.
            You could always take this up with the service records organisation that covers the armed service that you served with. Then explain the discrepancy and the actions you have taken at the interview. I am sure that would suffice.

This thread reminds me, I have been meaning to get a copy of my service medical records, I have no idea what inoculations I have had and it might save me paying for them if I don't need them again

Comment

Thanks for the advice tractor!

that's my issue, I've had the interview already and never mentioned it, got the position subject to my SC clearance coming back. I never thought it would be an issue so just left it, was out the forces early 2000 and i have never chased it up because like i said its never been a problem, hate this situation now!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice tractor!

that's my issue, I've had the interview already and never mentioned it, got the position subject to my SC clearance coming back. I never thought it would be an issue so just left it, was out the forces early 2000 and i have never chased it up because like i said its never been a problem, hate this situation now!!!
                TBH if your discharge certificate has the wrong date on it, your service record is likely to have the same date. If your CV is built around that error, I can't see how anyone is going to pick up the discrepancy anyway. In any event it's the mistake of the establishment, your only error is not noticing it. That is not the same as being untrustworthy and no one is going to blackmail or coerce you because of it. I wouldn't worry too much and if it is picked up you can honestly say 'Oh dear! I never noticed that, I'll take it up with the records office right away.'

Good luck with it.

Comment

Tractor,

Many thanks for your honest advice! I will carry on and keep you updated!

Comment

Working...
                  X