• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

telephone Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

telephone Interview

So the first question I get from the client on a telephone interview is.....
    "Just what rate has the agent offered you?"
    The client seems to want to find out the client markup?

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

wouldn't they easily be able to find this out by simply searching on jobserve etc?
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Just seemed a strange question....maybe the client not trusting the pimp?

Comment

So...

Did you tell him the truth ? All I'd say is that 'I were told not to divulge this' or maybe 'Rate is negotiable pending the outcome of the interview' . How did it go otherwise ?

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
          Did you tell him the truth ? All I'd say is that 'I were told not to divulge this' or maybe 'Rate is negotiable pending the outcome of the interview' . How did it go otherwise ?
          Hell yes tell I'd tell emm..If there was perfect disclosure about the margins then the marketplace would be fairer and more efficient...

In fact I'd go so far as to ask the client myself. Imperfect knowledge does neither the client or candidate any good !!

Comment

Originally posted by teabag
            Hell yes tell I'd tell emm..If there was perfect disclosure about the margins then the marketplace would be fairer and more efficient...

In fact I'd go so far as to ask the client myself. Imperfect knowledge does neither the client or candidate any good !!
            Good point. Efficient market.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Good point. Efficient market.

Yeah! Then you wake up and realise you were dreaming!

Comment

"Efficient market" in economics is pretty much the same as "absolute zero temp" in physics - a condition that never happens, but it is often used to compare how far things from it.

Comment

Never happened, but my answer would be "The price is for me to offer, not an agent". Letting other people tell you how much you should be charging is the road to perdition.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    "Efficient market" in economics is pretty much the same as "absolute zero temp" in physics - a condition that never happens, but it is often used to compare how far things from it.
                    For most income ranges an efficient market is arguably more like a Maxwell temperature distribution.

See We're all just atoms in a gas

Comment

Working...
                    X