• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting

That 'criminal' must have been over ten feet away before ten shots were pumped into him.

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting | The Free Thought Project
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

He had a Knife and said Shoot me! = Suicide by cop

Comment

"Cell Phone Video Emerges" - actually, it was the St Louis PD who released the video. Bizarre, given that it clearly shows that their own officers are lying, and the department continues to insist that their account is truthful.

Comment

"He dead" count= 134
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

rightly or wrongly if you put an American cop in a them or you situation - albeit one which looks one sided you can expect them to react with extreme prejudice.

and when you consider approx 150 cops per year are killed in the line of duty then....

linky

Comment

I don't get why they can't shoot the legs of collar bone. Why straight to execution?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I don't get why they can't shoot the legs of collar bone. Why straight to execution?
              As above - shoot to stop, centre of mass. Shooting under pressure is tough and by the time you're shooting at a person you are (or should be) in a place where you need the target down and incapacitated immediately.

Comment

There was no immediate danger there. Plus ten or so rounds is way ott. Plus they could have just backed off as he approached if he was getting too close, while waiting for backup with tasers.

Cops have (or hold have) a responsibility to serve and protect - which includes protecting nutters who are being threatening but not immediately dangerous.

The guy was asking for it, BUT - thats not really what I'd expect from a supposedly professional organisation trained to deal with precisely this kind of situation.

Maybe they could tell from experience that he was about to launch himself at them. Perhaps my judgement is harsh. It just seems a bit silly to have professional cops doing a job which, but the looks of it, and old bloke with a gun could have done.

Comment

ten feet may sound a lot. I wouldnt want a ten foot head start on a six foot looney armed with a blade that is probably capable of sawing yer 'ead off.

I wonder how the British police deal with this type of incident. lay seige and tazer him probably
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I wonder how the British police deal with this type of incident. lay seige and tazer him probably
                    This is more where I'm coming from. As soon as those cops puled up there was only ever going to be one outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X