PDA

View Full Version : David Cameron in ice bucket challenge

scooterscot
22nd August 2014, 16:52
What is this nonsense?

Russell Brand nominates Jeremy Paxman, David Cameron and Sean Hannity for ALS ice bucket challenge - People - News - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/russell-brand-nominates-jeremy-paxman-david-cameron-and-sean-hannity-for-als-ice-bucket-challenge-9685261.html)

Vegas
23rd August 2014, 22:58
Russell Brand is a tw@

End of!

MarillionFan
24th August 2014, 06:29
What is this nonsense?

Russell Brand nominates Jeremy Paxman, David Cameron and Sean Hannity for ALS ice bucket challenge - People - News - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/russell-brand-nominates-jeremy-paxman-david-cameron-and-sean-hannity-for-als-ice-bucket-challenge-9685261.html)

I agree. I've seen that David Cameron has nominated John the 'Beatle'. Makes a mockery of the whole thing. Where the hell do you find ice in the middle of a desert.

barrydidit
24th August 2014, 07:26
I agree. I've seen that David Cameron has nominated John the 'Beatle'. Makes a mockery of the whole thing. Where the hell do you find ice in the middle of a desert.

I'm sure something could be aranged in John's case.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvdI-j3IEAArRBL.jpg:large

scooterscot
24th August 2014, 16:25
Proof David Cameron does not have a backbone.

BBC News - Salmond and Sturgeon complete ice bucket challenge (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-28918393)

EternalOptimist
24th August 2014, 16:36
What's it got to do with backbone you mong-piece ?
it's about dignity.

It's possible to have concern, compassion and help those in need without making a public exhibition of yourself.
The idea that Salmond has backbone(or Cameron) is totally laughable, they are all scum sucking , lily livered, festering, filleted warts on the bell end of humanity.

please dont pretend that your wart has backbone just because someone dropped an ice cube down his neck

vwdan
24th August 2014, 16:48
it's about dignity.

It's possible to have concern, compassion and help those in need without making a public exhibition of yourself.
The idea that Salmond has backbone(or Cameron) is totally laughable, they are all scum sucking , lily livered, festering, filleted warts on the bell end of humanity.

please dont pretend that your wart has backbone just because someone dropped an ice cube down his neck

"...It is for a great cause, Motor Neurone Disease, and we should all be supporting it. But, above all, I get to make three other nominations..." :winker:

scooterscot
24th August 2014, 16:51
it's about dignity.

Why are you defending your glorious leader?

A snake has more backbone.

EternalOptimist
24th August 2014, 16:58
What are you defending your glorious leader?

A snake has more backbone.

us dignified English like to make donations quietly.
I used to quietly support Dianne Rigg, till my mum found me socks

mudskipper
24th August 2014, 17:01
"...It is for a great cause, Motor Neurone Disease, and we should all be supporting it. But, above all, I get to make three other nominations..." :winker:

How does it work then? You chuck ice over your head and donate to charity for the pleasure? Or you donate when the person you nominate chucks ice over their head? Or you chuck ice over your head, post the video and hope your mates donate?

vwdan
24th August 2014, 17:04
How does it work then? You chuck ice over your head and donate to charity for the pleasure? Or you donate when the person you nominate chucks ice over their head? Or you chuck ice over your head, post the video and hope your mates donate?

The idea is that you either do the challenge and donate a smaller sum, or you forfeit the challenge and donate more. However, I was nominated yesterday and I'm not even sure the person who nominated me for it has any clue WHAT it's for at all, so I highly doubt they donated...

It's good for awareness I suppose, but that does fall down somewhat when people forget what they're doing and it just turns into another schoolyard dare.

EternalOptimist
24th August 2014, 17:04

good questions. dunno.

but I have to confess one thing. It made me as questions about the disease. I learned that the are two types
one is fatal within a year, S.Hawking has the other type

So I suppose its a bit educational

mudskipper
24th August 2014, 17:13
good questions. dunno.

but I have to confess one thing. It made me as questions about the disease. I learned that the are two types
one is fatal within a year, S.Hawking has the other type

So I suppose its a bit educational

Aye, it's a horrible disease.

I know of two people with MND - one at clientCo who has mobility issues, but otherwise not in too bad a state, and a friend of my mum's, who is now at the stage where he's struggling to breathe.

ClientCo did their Fleet to Brighton bike ride for MND - raised over 6K which is good going.

mudskipper
24th August 2014, 17:14
The idea is that you either do the challenge and donate a smaller sum, or you forfeit the challenge and donate more. However, I was nominated yesterday and I'm not even sure the person who nominated me for it has any clue WHAT it's for at all, so I highly doubt they donated...

It's good for awareness I suppose, but that does fall down somewhat when people forget what they're doing and it just turns into another schoolyard dare.

Guess you post your video with a link to the donation page and hopefully others will get the message.

greenlake
24th August 2014, 17:19
Sir Patrick Stewart shows celebrities how the ALS ice bucket challenge should be done - People - News - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/sir-patrick-stewart-shows-celebrities-how-the-als-ice-bucket-challenge-should-be-done-9687253.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4aPSccqew

barrydidit
24th August 2014, 20:04
Sir Patrick Stewart shows celebrities how the ALS ice bucket challenge should be done - People - News - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/sir-patrick-stewart-shows-celebrities-how-the-als-ice-bucket-challenge-should-be-done-9687253.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4aPSccqew

:rollin:

1000/10

Batcher
25th August 2014, 11:03
Charlie Sheen's Ice Bucket Challenge was pretty cool :

Watch Charlie Sheen's Ice Bucket Challenge - without the ice - Showbiz News - Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a591485/watch-charlie-sheens-ice-bucket-challenge-without-the-ice.html#~oNWLxfVY9TiRTb)

KentPhilip
25th August 2014, 12:08
So who is going to nominate who on here?

Platypus
25th August 2014, 12:30
I'm not even sure the person who nominated me for it has any clue WHAT it's for at all, so I highly doubt they donated...

So remind him to get his wallet out!

Batcher
25th August 2014, 12:34
So who is going to nominate who on here?

I've already done it but for MacMillan Nurses. Apparently they've raised enough for 9 new nurses already :yay: :yay: :yay:

Platypus
25th August 2014, 12:44
I've already done it but for MacMillan Nurses. Apparently theye've raised enough for 9 new nurses already :yay: :yay: :yay:

Indeed the MND charities are having a go at the cancer charities for "stealing" their idea. I heard that cancer charities have raised over £500,000 whereas MND charities have raised approx £50,000 and they ain't too pleased

Batcher
25th August 2014, 13:16
Indeed the MND charities are having a go at the cancer charities for "stealing" their idea. I heard that cancer charities have raised over £500,000 whereas MND charities have raised approx £50,000 and they ain't too pleased

I must admit I didn't know the MND charities were doing it as I had only heard about the MacMillan Nurses and I was nominated via Facebook for that. I only heard about ALS in the US doing it afterwards and thought of it as two different charities on two continents doing the same idea.

It may be that more people have been affected by cancer in their families than MND and can relate to the work the MacMillan Nurses do.

vwdan
25th August 2014, 14:37
So remind him to get his wallet out!

Just did mine and I did ;)

quackhandle
26th August 2014, 15:02
CLient co are doing a mass IBC, but then one of they guys posted this... (http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/als-ice-bucket-challenge-do-you-know-what-you-are-supporting/)

qh

d000hg
26th August 2014, 15:08

It's good for awareness I suppose, but that does fall down somewhat when people forget what they're doing and it just turns into another schoolyard dare.Can one do the challenge spontaneously as a way to nominate others, or are you supposed to wait to be nominated?

Also, I thought you were allowed to pick the charity of your choice?

TheFaQQer
26th August 2014, 15:14

Macmillan were doing it weeks before the yanks copied it for ALS.

TheFaQQer
26th August 2014, 15:20
Can one do the challenge spontaneously as a way to nominate others, or are you supposed to wait to be nominated?

According to the article linked to in the original post,

Of course to nominate anyone, you must have already taken part in the campaign yourself – and this Brand did with typical flamboyance.

so you don't have to be nominated, you just have to have done it before you can nominate anyone else.

OwlHoot
26th August 2014, 16:38
Russell Brand is a tw@

End of!

WHS

Maybe he could be persuaded to try a liquid nitrogen ice bucket challenge :D