• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R.I.P Richard Attenborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Richard Attenborough

Legend!

A good innings. RIP, Dickie.

Comment

Supposedly he only got his lordship because someone confused him with his brother and was confused about those nice Nature documentaries..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

RIP old chap

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Supposedly he only got his lordship because someone confused him with his brother and was confused about those nice Nature documentaries..
          I'm sure those gorillas will send their condolances anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            I'm sure those gorillas will send their condolances anyway...

Comment

When I was a student at Leicester Uni, my departments were all housed in the Attenborough Tower. It was named after Richard, David, and John's father, Frederick, who was Principal of the University College of Leicester from 1932 to 1951. The family used to live in the house that stands adjacent to it.

A friend of mine went to the Uni as a mature student about ten years ago. On her first day, a second year student showing them around campus said "This is called the Attenborough Tower, though nobody knows why."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Showing clips on BBC4 at the moment.

Pinky in Brighton Rock. He played a nice psycho.

10 Rillington Place too.

And the Great Escape, essential Xmas viewing for all those years.
                If there's one thing he'll always be remembered for, it's being cowardly in a submarine. Nobody - NOBODY - could be cowardly in a submarine the way he could

Of course, he was famous for acting other things too. But to a certain generation that grew up watching black-and-white war films on 405-line VHF tellies of a Sunday afternoon, being cowardly in a submarine will always be his crowning achievement. Even though he only did it in Morning Departure

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Yes, and there was me busy getting the right geurrilla

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If there's one thing he'll always be remembered for, it's being cowardly in a submarine. Nobody - NOBODY - could be cowardly in a submarine the way he could

Of course, he was famous for acting other things too. But to a certain generation that grew up watching black-and-white war films on 405-line VHF tellies of a Sunday afternoon, being cowardly in a submarine will always be his crowning achievement. Even though he only did it in Morning Departure
                    Pinky in Brighton Rock (school vid) and then Jurassic Park for me. His film credits are impressive though, busy chap.

Comment

Working...
                    X