• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot, no Dr Who thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wot, no Dr Who thread?

I don't post on here so much these days since I am neither a contractor nor in the UK any more (although HMRC still harass me even this far away). But I do look on here from time to time to get a feeling for the current mood of the British people in the light of current affairs.

The new series of Dr Who that started for you last Saturday is not showing on TV here yet (one of the TV Channels has started running trailers to indicate that it will be 'soon', without being specific about when that might be).

I was certain that I would be able to look on here and find out what the esteemed panel of commentators on this site had to say about it but there is nothing. Silence.

Get a move on!

Inter-species lesbian snogging -what is the universe coming to?

Have you tried iPlayer?
    Last edited by tractor; 25 August 2014, 07:31.

Comment

Cyberpunk mad Dr Who. What's not to love? (I think opinion is split on this one though...)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Muddled script - seemed as if the first half was written for Matt Smith (manic running about) but it settled down into a decent second half. I do not rate writer Steve Moffat. But I'd give it an overall 7/10.

I'm sure those naughty pirates must have uploaded the episode somewhere and I'm sure you could download it if you can't wait for it to air where you are

Comment

Wot, no Dr Who thread?

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I don't post on here so much these days since I am neither a contractor nor in the UK any more (although HMRC still harass me even this far away). But I do look on here from time to time to get a feeling for the current mood of the British people in the light of current affairs.

The new series of Dr Who that started for you last Saturday is not showing on TV here yet (one of the TV Channels has started running trailers to indicate that it will be 'soon', without being specific about when that might be).

I was certain that I would be able to look on here and find out what the esteemed panel of commentators on this site had to say about it but there is nothing. Silence.

Get a move on!
          We are in Spain and have one of those Android TV units with a VPN from Hola Better Internet, works flawlessly for access to iPlayer!

And over in TPD

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Slow start but didn’t expect that ending (And gotta love the nod to Trigger and his broom) Can’t wait for more!!! #DoctorWho
          Last edited by SimonMac; 25 August 2014, 07:52.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I quite liked it. Looks like it will be a fun series.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

1. There was no mention of Silence
              2. Interracial lesbianism
              3. Dinosaurs
              4. Robots
              5. Very old Doctor
              6. Mystery new character and story arc
              7. Appearance by Matt Smith

6/7 out of 10. Not sure on Capaldi yet.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Started on Saturday on German TV too, couldn't be arsed (isn't it for kids though? It used to be when I was younger.)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Started on Saturday on German TV too, couldn't be arsed (isn't it for kids though? It used to be when I was younger.)
                  You mis-remember. Dr Who is and always has been family viewing. I.e. for adults and kids. To understand the difference, watch a few Sarah Jane Adventures on CBBC. Of course, there are always pretentious twunts likes Stephen Fry who are so up their own backsides, that they fail to comprehend that not being solely aimed at an adult audience is not equivalent to "for kids".

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    2. Interracial lesbianism
                    Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    2. Interspecies lesbianism
                    FTFY
                    Lesbian rishathra

Comment

Working...
                    X