• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darling, Darling, Darling, versus the Salmond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darling, Darling, Darling, versus the Salmond

Thought Darling would be continuing his apparent win from the first debate, but me thinks he's doing a Nick Glegg so far and letting his lead slip. The Salmond is so ripping him a new one.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Thought Darling would be continuing his apparent win from the first debate, but me thinks he's doing a Nick Glegg so far and letting his lead slip. The Salmond is so ripping him a new one.
    The same person who has just said it can follow Sweden and avoid joining the euro when that get out clause has been explicitly removed from subsequent eu membership offers.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The same person who has just said it can follow Sweden and avoid joining the euro when that get out clause has been explicitly removed from subsequent eu membership offers.
      Looks like we'll have to settle for Norway style membership fees.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not watched this one or the last, I honestly can't listen to any more of the exaggerated twee tulipe that comes out of Salmond's mouth. He is utterly cringe worthy.

Comment

Just seems like someone getting the keys to a new flat - oooh, ooooh, oooh,.....

Then getting a new 65" plazzy, PS4, halogen hob, all the mod cons, then...

..pay day...

Oooopss

Don't get me wrong, I spent 10 years of my 50 years there and I fukn loved it, two Scots kids, I'd go back in a jot, joking apart i never wanted for a pint, but there's not enough there for this Utopia promised by the Yes side. Oil is mentioned a lot but the real money is generated by tosspot bankers in London, it hurts but it is true, for both sides.

Whichever way it turns out, good luck to all sides, for me I think I prefer a Yes, then I can celebrate my Englishness a bit more, would be nice to feel more English than British, but hey-ho.

Night all...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Just seems like someone getting the keys to a new flat - oooh, ooooh, oooh,.....

Then getting a new 65" plazzy, PS4, halogen hob, all the mod cons, then...

..pay day...

Oooopss

Don't get me wrong, I spent 10 years of my 50 years there and I fukn loved it, two Scots kids, I'd go back in a jot, joking apart i never wanted for a pint, but there's not enough there for this Utopia promised by the Yes side. Oil is mentioned a lot but the real money is generated by tosspot bankers in London, it hurts but it is true, for both sides.

Whichever way it turns out, good luck to all sides, for me I think I prefer a Yes, then I can celebrate my Englishness a bit more, would be nice to feel more English than British, but hey-ho.

Night all...

Sleep well.

Comment

Felt like Darling was oot of his depth tonight, the poa bugger was almost exploding

Salmond v Darling - Scottish independence debate on the BBC - Live coverage | Politics | theguardian.com

Alex Salmond emerged as the clear winner of the second Scottish independence debate, besting Alistair Darling by a 71% to 29% margin, according to an instant Guardian/ICM poll of Scots who had watched the debate.

Comment

The debates are a waste of space - the debates before the last general election resulted in us getting a coalition government FFS.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The debates are a waste of space - the debates before the last general election resulted in us getting a coalition government FFS.
                  It's actually worse than a waste of time.

Because no one knows what Salmond will be able to negotiate following a Yes vote should it happen, no one knows what they are actually voting for other than a manifesto. And we all know what manifestos mean don't we?

What if Salmond cannot negotiate all he thinks he can and that he has promised?

The uncertaintly will remain for up to 18 months following the vote. Perhaps they should have held negotiations first rather than debates.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    It's actually worse than a waste of time.

Because no one knows what Salmond will be able to negotiate following a Yes vote should it happen, no one knows what they are actually voting for other than a manifesto. And we all know what manifestos mean don't we?

What if Salmond cannot negotiate all he thinks he can and that he has promised?

The uncertaintly will remain for up to 18 months following the vote. Perhaps they should have held negotiations first rather than debates.
                    If they did that Salmond wouldn't be able to argue that the sky was pink, oil will last forever and the magic currency tree will be whatever the person he is talking to wants it to be..

But as I've said for months vote Yes. I really want the entertainment to begin (and it will be entertaining)...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X