• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini-boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-boom

Last contract finished 4 weeks ago and since then was away in Greece for 3 weeks in the sun. Back a few days and have secured a short contract. Will tide me over till I look for the next big one.

good going, I'd be tempted to job hunt when on holiday and not relax

Last edited by CloudWalker; 26 August 2014, 11:40.

Comment

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
          good going, I'd be tempted to job hunt when on holiday and not relax

I had no internet, was a small fishing village.

Comment

Thats just it. I was doing the same here. Gig was ending August and I had holiday booked for Sept.
            Despite the best will in the world, its impossible to sit there and think sod it I wont worry about it until I come back. Unless your warchest is massive I guess.

I was all up for knocking back any extension here as well - fully expected them to offer just a month if at all but when it came back with 10% increase and 4 months I had to take it knowing I could go on hols and come back with no money hassles.

But nice one unix.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Thats just it. I was doing the same here. Gig was ending August and I had holiday booked for Sept.
              Despite the best will in the world, its impossible to sit there and think sod it I wont worry about it until I come back. Unless your warchest is massive I guess.

I was all up for knocking back any extension here as well - fully expected them to offer just a month if at all but when it came back with 10% increase and 4 months I had to take it knowing I could go on hols and come back with no money hassles.

But nice one unix.
              10% increase is a nice result, I've just been offered 2% (after 2 years on the same rate @clientco) to extend for another 6 months, told them to shove it

Comment

Working...
              X