• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1,400 kids abused in Rotherham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1,400 kids abused in Rotherham

BBC News - Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds

Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council. 'Where everyone matters'

Chief Executive: £158,160
    Strategic Director of Children and Young Peoples Services: £125,530
    Strategic Director Development Services: £125,530
    Strategic Director of Neighbourhoods and Adults Services: £125,530
    Strategic Director of Resources: £132,954

I guess some people matter more than others...

Grim

Comment

Fewer were exploited by Romans. What's wrong with people?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        BBC News - Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds

Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council. 'Where everyone matters'

Chief Executive: £158,160
        Strategic Director of Children and Young Peoples Services: £125,530
        Strategic Director Development Services: £125,530
        Strategic Director of Neighbourhoods and Adults Services: £125,530
        Strategic Director of Resources: £132,954

I guess some people matter more than others...
        Apparently, the police were at least as bad as the council jobsworths. I was going to google their salaries too but it actually depresses me.

What depresses me even more is that nothing will be done about the people who failed to discharge their duties. In my book every last one should be prosecuted with the same vigour as the other high profile cases that are going on not least because this is very recent rather than historic and probably shows that the problem is not confined to history but may be going on today in a hundred other councils.

How can anyone in social services sit on this information just because their manager says 'leave it' is beyond me, it really is.

Comment

Just bringing your kid up in Rotherham could constitute abuse couldn't it? Poor beggars.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But doesn't child exploitation include employment for longer than permitted hours?

It needn't all be sexual abuse - These days a young kid doing two paper rounds each day might be deemed as being abused.

edit: Oh, I read the article, and it does claim the abuse was sexual. Hmm
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ah well. Lessons will be learnt; meetings will be held; tea will be consumed; salaries and pensions will be paid.

Life goes on in the Public Sector.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                And we can all be relieved the ethnicity of the miscreants played no part at all in this sorry tale.i

I think

is appropriate under the circumstances.
                This is actually the main council employee excuse and the main plod excuse for doing nothing about it - fear of being labelled racist.

It's high time the tide turned over this PC tulip.

Comment

Politicians and the Police are in the firing line here. As well, obviously, as the people who comitted the abuse.
                  They should all be investigated, tried, and made subject to the full force of the law and justice.

The people who will get away with this are the wishy washy, namby pamby, airy fairy, arty farty, mostly left wing apologists and PC fruit loops , who created the atmosphere where it became impossible to think that an Asian could do any wrong

They will walk away from this to their dinner parties, tut tutting, thatcher blaming and self righteous, sanctimonious cnts that they are.

The people who did it deserve the full force of the law. Likewise the people who had a duty. But the PC crowd need neutralising. NOW.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Politicians and the Police are in the firing line here. As well, obviously, as the people who comitted the abuse.
                    They should all be investigated, tried, and made subject to the full force of the law and justice.

The people who will get away with this are the wishy washy, namby pamby, airy fairy, arty farty, mostly left wing apologists and PC fruit loops , who created the atmosphere where it became impossible to think that an Asian could do any wrong

They will walk away from this to their dinner parties, tut tutting, thatcher blaming and self righteous, sanctimonious cnts that they are.

The people who did it deserve the full force of the law. Likewise the people who had a duty. But the PC crowd need neutralising. NOW.
                    Absolutley, and lets follow it up with some serious, meaningful sentences for the scumbag offenders.
                    Human rights forbids all the more medieval punishments that i would like to inflict, but mandatory life sentences in these cases might be more appropriate (along with being placed in general population).

Comment

Working...
                    X