• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Godwin's Law Sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godwin's Law Sweepstake

How many pages before an in specified thread in Accounting posts positive for Godwin's law
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Usually employed against anyone who believes that, as far as is possible, a common sense of identity, similarity of culture and shared beliefs are positive things in a nation.

Typical of the lefty mentality that, although men have been enslaving, torturing and killing each other for umpteen thousands of years of known history for all sorts of reasons, like power struggles, tribalism, religious and political beliefs, they use a period of 13 years in one nation to dismiss the whole concept of nationalism.

If they only looked at the conflicts and tension today and for the last 50 years, they would see that the great majority of them are because incompatible cultures are in close proximity. If they looked at the UK today with impartiality they would see that some of our worse tensions are due to the idiocy of allowing and encouraging multiculturalism.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Actually it's usually employed against people who completely inappropriately compare a situation to the Nazis or Hitler, thereby instantly losing any credibility.

Comment

This dude I work with tests positive around English people.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Usually employed against anyone who believes that, as far as is possible, a common sense of identity, similarity of culture and shared beliefs are positive things in a nation.

Typical of the lefty mentality that, although men have been enslaving, torturing and killing each other for umpteen thousands of years of known history for all sorts of reasons, like power struggles, tribalism, religious and political beliefs, they use a period of 13 years in one nation to dismiss the whole concept of nationalism.

If they only looked at the conflicts and tension today and for the last 50 years, they would see that the great majority of them are because incompatible cultures are in close proximity. If they looked at the UK today with impartiality they would see that some of our worse tensions are due to the idiocy of allowing and encouraging multiculturalism.
          I thought Godwins Law was simply that any internet conversation will, eventually, invoke a comparison the the Nazis.
          And anyone who invokes the comparison, automatically loses the argument.

I thought the Law was a reflection of internet culture of always trying to have the last word, trying to be right, and escalating to the point that all reason is lost.
          More a pathology of the anonymity of the web, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

"Well said Sir"

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
              "Well said Sir"
              and completely wrong

Comment

Actually it's usually employed against people who completely inappropriately compare a situation to the Nazis or Hitler, thereby instantly losing any credibility.
                Well yeh, I meant the Nazi comparison that provokes it, if ya wanna be picky.

As I said, most conflicts are due to incompatible views in close proximity (one rarely hears of Eskimos and Australian aborigines hating each other). For that reason, nationalism, by giving each group its own nation, can help reduce them. Most of today's conflicts are about those in one nation wanting to be in another, wanting to change the nation's culture to reflect their own or trying to stop others seceding and controlling their own affairs.

Of course separate nations close together or competing with each other can still have conflicts but you have at least reduced the chances and these days we have fairly effective international bodies that can help resolve such conflicts. It is very difficult for the UN to impose sanctions against an undefined group.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 27 August 2014, 13:07.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X