• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to cook sausages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to cook sausages

Everyone knows how to cook sausages. It's easy, right ?
    wrong.

cooking a sausage is an art. The idea is to keep the skin intact, keep the fats in, cook the sausage in its own fat. The last thing you need with a saus is a little prick.

Get a small frying pan. Fill it with 1 cm or half an inch of oil.

put it on a low heat. it will take half an hour. take your time and turn them now and then.
    The unbroken skin will keep the oil out, the fats and meat in.

they will brown evenly all over.

yum yum.
    serve with chinese curry though
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Have to take my hat off to this

Also, I barbecue me saus on the warming rack rather than on the main grill.

Lid down, take your time.

Succulent saus.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Have to take my hat off to this

Also, I barbecue me saus on the warming rack rather than on the main grill.

Lid down, take your time.

Succulent saus.
      and NEVER ,EVER , deep fry sausages.

The Scots do this. what happens is that the fats from the sausage get into the oil and the oil does not last as long.

The message to the Scots is clear. If you want your oil to last longer, stop putting yer saus in
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Everyone knows how to cook sausages. It's easy, right ?
        wrong.

cooking a sausage is an art. The idea is to keep the skin intact, keep the fats in, cook the sausage in its own fat. The last thing you need with a saus is a little prick.

Get a small frying pan. Fill it with 1 cm or half an inch of oil.

put it on a low heat. it will take half an hour. take your time and turn them now and then.
        The unbroken skin will keep the oil out, the fats and meat in.

they will brown evenly all over.

yum yum.
        serve with chinese curry though
        I use a tablespoon of olive oil over a med-high heat, chuck in the sausages, cover with a lid (if you have one for the pan, for a few minutes, hold the lid down and then shake the pan, to move the sausages around to get some colour on them. Then turn them down to a low-medium heat to cook through. Then take the lid off for the last few minutes.

I'm on a low-carb regime these days so I'm eating quite a few sausages, only the ones with meat content > 90% though.

Comment

Originally posted by blammo View Post
          I use a tablespoon of olive oil over a med-high heat, chuck in the sausages, cover with a lid (if you have one for the pan, for a few minutes, hold the lid down and then shake the pan, to move the sausages around to get some colour on them. Then turn them down to a low-medium heat to cook through. Then take the lid off for the last few minutes.

I'm on a low-carb regime these days so I'm eating quite a few sausages, only the ones with meat content > 90% though.
          WHS, except for the low carb nonsense.

Really hankering after some curried chips now - Oirish style.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is this something to do with Kate Bush?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              except for the low carb nonsense.

I'm on LCHF. The positive affect on my health has been quite dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I'm on LCHF. The negative affect on my breath has been quite dramatic.
                FTFY...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  FTFY...
                  Like wind, that passes

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    I'm on LCHF. The positive affect on my health has been quite dramatic.
                    Really cannot be ar$ed with dieting, I try and eat sensibly ( most of the time) and exercise.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X