• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy a Brazilian?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy a Brazilian?

Noiva do Cordeiro has made an appeal for bachelors | Mail Online

It's like the opening gambit of a bad Hollywood romance. A Brazilian town populated only by women has made an appeal for eligible bachelors.
    More than 600 women live in the town of Noiva do Cordeiro, south-east Brazil. And most of them are aged between 20 and 35 years old.
    Now they have extended an invitation to potential suitors. But don't start packing your bags just yet - any men who go have to understand that this corner of the Brazilian countryside is very much a woman's world.

Some of Noiva de Cordeiro's women are already married and have families, but their husbands - and any sons over 18 - are made to work away from home and only allowed to return at the weekends.
    It means girl power rules in the rural community, with women in charge of every aspect of life - from farming to town planning and even religion.

And residents say their town is that much the better for it.
    'There are lots of things that women do better than men. Our town is prettier, more organised, and far more harmonious than if men were in charge,' said Rosalee Fernandes, 49.
    'When problems or disputes arise, we resolve them in a woman's way, trying to find consensus rather than conflict.
    'We share everything, even the land we work on. Nobody competes with anyone here. It's all for one, and one for all.
    'The whole town came together recently to help buy a huge widescreen TV for our community centre so we can all watch soap operas together.
    'And there's always time to stop and gossip, try on each other's clothes and do each other's hair and nails.'

Hmmm, no mention of house prices
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Like the fact they have dismantled the church organisation. But not sure it's a true story, its in the DM after all.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Like the fact they have dismantled the church organisation. But not sure it's a true story, its in the DM after all.
      Telegraph so it must be true :-

Brazil’s valley of beauties appeals for single men - Telegraph

Anyone seen MTT?

Comment

Isn't it Brazil where ladies are obsessed with having huge bottoms? Count me in!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Isn't it Brazil where ladies are obsessed with having huge bottoms? Count me in!
          Indeed....

Miss Bumbum Brasil

Comment

Working...
          X