• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P*ssed off with contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P*ssed off with contracting

Ok, the title probably says most of it. Half of the people in this forum are not even contractors, half know and deslike me for writing my mind and half dont know me.

Anyway. Just annoyed to the core with contracting at the moment. Other factors affect this though, I almost died in a car crash and my lower jaw has almost come off, hence im not good at phone calls to agencies.

This year has been really bad, with all kinds of delays, from agencies not paying me for over three months, to banks being d*ck heads and not accepting accounts just to pay bl**dy money in without overdraft. Five years experience in Field Service Engineer Roles, Hardware or whatever you want to call it. This year sux.

Thanks for advice on getting a permie role. It would be ok if I had not already registered a limited co and did not have that car crash that took most of my lower jaw off. If I do a permie role, I would have to go back to where I started as desktop support and that would not work well as my speech is f**cked.

To top it all off, my car is a write off, my girlfriend is leaving me, my landlord is kicking me out and I've got about £5 left in savings, enough for a bottle of wine. By the way the bit about inheritance, will probably go to a animal charity and I can't afford a lawyer so what does it matter.

Three choices left to me. 1 continue struggling as a contractor, without mcse, ccna or compaq or hp certs. 2 get a low paid permie role and talk to dumb users all day and

3 start carding and phising and sell credit card details online, or just buy them. Or, I could always rob fort nox and end up in camp x-ray. Damn, I'm just depressed. I guess I should change my email for this site to remain annon. Then again got £100 coming in from paypal this week, enough to pay for a weeks booze up. What does it matter.

My advice: go to Lidl, you should be able to get two bottles of wine for your fiver.

Comment

Buckfast. Breakfast of champions.

Alexei, throw away your passport, wander down to Lunar House, claim asylum, get your council house, sell it, fund SKA, take over the world.

Easy.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

<Sympathy on>Ahhhhh</Sympathy off>
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Alexei, throw away your passport.....
          Alexei???

Comment

sounds like you're more fed up with life than contracting !

Comment

start a new business.

start smoking

get lack of sleep cause you dont know if you are gonna be able to handle the pressure.

thats what i did.

Comment

Most of that doesn't sound like contracting problems at all. Much seems to stem from the car crash. It may not be PC, but contracting is a seat of your pants option and if you have any disability then contracting is not really for you as you will find it difficult to find work.

If I were you I would opt for the low paid permie route - it's going to pay more than the £5 you already have.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I agree, head for safe harbour, cosy permie job (not always helpdesk) cover the basic bills, do the minimum required and basically forget about work. Support is dead, it's a commodity and has been dropping in value for years, you need to plan a way out of it.
                  As far as the rest is concerned, you have had a tough run and are feeling a bit sorry for yourself, life is hard, get used to it. Keep doing the same things, in the same way, with the same people - you get the same result. Time to make some changes, as many as you can to get out of the rut. Been through a spell of depression despite well paid contract and seemingly no real problems to worry about, wish I had spoken to a shrink about it and chucked some happy pills down, probably would have helped to speed my recovery. In the end, scored a new job/woman and broke the spiral. Feeling like if you step out on the road and a bus takes you out it wouldn't be a big deal ? You are depressed, get help.

Comment

It's an imposter that should be banned.

Comment

Working...
                    X