• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spots on the belly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spots on the belly

The missus is in a turmoil. her grandkids just came back from a few days in Scotland.
    Apparently they went into a hot tub and the water was 'stinky'

The dad is ok, but the kids have all developed spotty bellies. All of them have had the wildies
    but they put that down to a dodgy curry.

The doctor today said that it was chicken pox, but that does not gell with the symptoms.

The only thing that makes any sense is that it is a warning from God. try to get rid of the jocks. now
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Probably smallpox. That's due for a comeback, given it was last seen live about the same time as Kate Bush

Comment

she's not Scottish though, is she ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Had the same on Sy06 recently. Try some canisten on a small area if they are old enough.

X.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          she's not Scottish though, is she ?
          I don't think anybody's quite sure what she is. Many say human, but specifics are hard to discern beyond that due to the strange wailing noises

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I don't think anybody's quite sure what she is. Many say human, but specifics are hard to discern beyond that due to the strange wailing noises
            i suppose she could be a bagpipe then. except i never used to w@nk myself stupid over bagpipes when i was 29
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The missus is in a turmoil. her grandkids just came back from a few days in Scotland.
              Apparently they went into a hot tub and the water was 'stinky'

The dad is ok, but the kids have all developed spotty bellies. All of them have had the wildies
              but they put that down to a dodgy curry.

The doctor today said that it was chicken pox, but that does not gell with the symptoms.

The only thing that makes any sense is that it is a warning from God. try to get rid of the jocks. now
              If the grandkids are scousers, then this is just down to their allergy to water. Scousers are reknowned for their ability to dodge jobs & responsibilities, but little is known about their aversion to water. This is in part due to one particularly dirty scouser who bathed in the crystal blue pure waters of the Mersey a few hundred years ago & polluted it for all of time.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                If the grandkids are scousers, then this is just down to their allergy to water. Scousers are reknowned for their ability to dodge jobs & responsibilities, but little is known about their aversion to water. This is in part due to one particularly dirty scouser who bathed in the crystal blue pure waters of the Mersey a few hundred years ago & polluted it for all of time.
                There may also have been soap in the water which could be causing this reaction.

Although, if it was Glasgow they were visiting there's no danger of any soap there

Comment

When I was a kid I found that pushing a biro with the nib removed hard against my belly gave me convincing enough spots to get a day off school.

Comment

Dont use hot tubs!

Hot tub folliculitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hot tub folliculitis (also known as Pseudomonas aeruginosa folliculitis) is a common type of folliculitis, a condition which causes inflammation of the hair follicle.[1]:272

This condition is caused by an infection of hair follicles due to the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The bacteria is commonly found in hot tubs, water slides, and such places. Children are more prone to this because they usually stay in the water longer than adults. Hot tub folliculitis appears on the skin in the form of a rash, roughly resembling chicken pox and then developing further to appear as a pimple. Hot tub follicultis can be extremely painful and/or itchy, and left alone without scratching will go away much more quickly. If the rash is aggravated, it can stay, worsen, and spread lasting for months. By that point it is much more difficult to treat. The dots usually go away after about 7 to 10 days, but the condition leaves a hyperpigmented lesion that goes away after a few months.

Legionella is another bacteria associated with hot tub folliculitis.[citation needed]

Normally, the rash does not need specific treatment and will go away on its own. Antibiotics may be prescribed in some cases. If the rash continues to appear longer than the 7 to 10 day time period, a physician should be consulted. Folliculitis that is not treated properly could worsen and cause abscesses.

Comment

Working...
                    X