• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal Raves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal Raves

Have them quite frequently round here as there are a lot of disused quarries.

Used to go to them myself in the early 90s so I didn't phone the police, as a lot of my neighbours did, when there was one going on nearby on Sunday night.

In fact, it kicked off around midnight and was still going strong at 6pm. Now, I'm sure that back in the day, Mr Plod would have spoilt the party within an hour or two of it starting.

Nowadays they appear to send in a couple of officers to assess the situation and do nothing. On the other hand, if there's someone down there scrambling on a trials bike they're all over them like a rash.

Why don't they stop these raves any more? (not that I'm complaining or anything)

I was more into the free festival scene from which the rave scene sprang. It used to be pretty much a given that the plod would just send a few chaps to hang around near the entrance, in case of need. I had many a good chat with them. A welcome return to sensible policing, if that's what they're doing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A welcome return to sensible policing, if that's what they're doing
      Its funny you should mention that. I went to Tenby a few weeks ago, then Billing
      I was convinced there would be a few speeding violations in the post

but..nothing
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
      X