• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Start Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Up

Anyone on here had any experience of starting a new (non) IT business in their early 30's?

any advice?

Originally posted by el duder
    Anyone on here had any experience of starting a new (non) IT business in their early 30's?

any advice?
    Be prepared for a couple of years of struggle.

Comment

Yeah ! dont do it in the UK. Too much red tape

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Be prepared for a couple of years of struggle.
        i dont have a couple of years?!

i am still in marketing/advertising phase at the mo and my family already want me to 'stop messing about' and buy a house, settle down, get a proper job, get married and have kids.

Comment

yes the Benes plan b is going very well thank you

early thirties do I qualify - Milan Benes age 33.

what is your plan ?

Milan.

Comment

How old are you ? do one thing mate ! tell your family to butt out ! it's your money, your life and you'll do what you want ! if you listen to them then you will just end up in the rat race like the rest !

Comment

that's right Andy, it's Willie's money and he can lose it any way he likes

isn't that right Willie

Milan.

Comment

any advice?
                Yes.

Depends on what field you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                  Yeah ! dont do it in the UK. Too much red tape
                  I am not sure if that's so true. For example apparently in Holland you can't start Ltd unless you like put 20k euros into shareholder's capital, at least here you don't have such restrictions, only for PLCs.

Comment

any advice?
                    Just get a haircut and get a job FFS. Bloody young people of today. I was working at age 14 and never had the luxury of dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                    X