• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soviet Union II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soviet Union II

I'm sure there will be strong action from the western powers, or plenty of meetings anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/29/wo...-conflict.html

Is this a caption competition?

Putin is saying 'Bollockski, I thought I was here to see the president and they sent me a golfer!'

Comment

Meh. Even if he had sent troops across the border, it's be very arguable legitimate.
      'We' put boots on the ground in Lybia, which had no illusory WMDs and is hardly in our back yard.

From everything I can see, the Ukrainians (not in general - the state) are savages.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Meh. Even if he had sent troops across the border, it's be very arguable legitimate.
        'We' put boots on the ground in Lybia, which had no illusory WMDs and is hardly in our back yard.

From everything I can see, the Ukrainians (not in general - the state) are savages.
        In general I agree, but we put boots on the ground to change the power structure, Russia seem to want to annexe. What will Europe/US do if they go ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Putin is saying 'Bollockski, I thought I was here to see the president and they sent me a golfer!'
          Putin has short man syndrome.

Russia needs a leader who is as tall as Yeltsin was.

Alternatively the next UK PM or US president needs to be under 5ft 7'.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            In general I agree, but we put boots on the ground to change the power structure, Russia seem to want to annexe. What will Europe/US do if they go ahead?
            SFA

They will make a noise but won't do anything until Russia try and annex Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia or Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Alternatively the next UK PM or US president needs to be under 5ft 7'.

How tall is our Nige?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We've been here before, not long ago:

Russo-Georgian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Georgia (country) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  How tall is our Nige?
                  Don't know. He must be a short a** as no source reveals his height.

Comment

Working...
                  X