• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plus ca change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus ca change

In years gone by, I was a confident, outgoing, gregarious pub going loadsa friends nightclubbing sort.

Well ok, not the last part.

I'm sat at the bar in the hotel living up to eek's accusations, and there is me from yesteryear but old fat and grey carrying on like the centre of the universe. A gaggle of people all round him braying at his crap jokes and swilling beer like is going out of fashion.

Here's me sat on my iPad, like a sad loner swilling beer like it's going out of fashion.

I like my life now. Quieter. Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

So in my own, quiet way I came I saw I conquered, but without being a braying idiot.

Makes me look back on my formative years with a wince.

How have you changed over the years, and do you prefer the young you, or the current you?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    In years gone by, I was a confident, outgoing, gregarious pub going loadsa friends nightclubbing sort.

I'm sat at the bar in the hotel living up to eek's accusations, and there is me from yesteryear but old fat and grey carrying on like the centre of the universe. A gaggle of people all round him braying at his crap jokes and swilling beer like is going out of fashion.

Here's me sat on my iPad, like a sad loner swilling beer like it's going out of fashion.

I like my life now. Quieter. Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

So in my own, quiet way I came I saw I conquered, but without being a braying idiot.

How have you changed over the years, and do you prefer the young you, or the current you?
    JeeeeZUS Suity do you ever read this tulipe before you hit Post?

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      JeeeeZUS Suity do you ever read this tulipe before you hit Post?
      Bad?

Comment

Re-read. Looks ok to me. Carry on.

Comment

You sad loner ****.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You sad loner ****.
            That's the spirit

Comment

Re-read. Looks ok to me. Carry on.
              But you don't have high standards do you? Well any standards to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                But you don't have high standards do you? Well any standards to be fair.
                Your standards mean that you ignore the question in the OP, and proceed straight to off-slagging.

Comment

I'm sat at the bar in the hotel living up to eek's accusations,
                  Stand up, turn around and exit the hotel bar. Walk down the street and find a locals bar. One Marriott/Hilton/Raddisson is the same as all the others and is filled with people doing the same as you are now.

Let's face it, we both know you're going to get binned of this contract soon enough so you might as well enjoy the city you're in whilst it lasts.

Comment

Your standards mean that you ignore the question in the OP, and proceed straight to off-slagging.
                    My profuse apologies -
                    a) i have got older.
                    b) I don't prefer either.

But please have a look at your life.

This is NOT good!

Not a total loner as I know all the bar staff now really well, and we can now communicate by "knowing look" from afar.

That "knowing look" is a look of exasperation along the lines of "Oh Keeeerist it is that sad little f**k again"

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X