• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you remember your first day of skool?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you remember your first day of skool?

Just asking, like, since I can't*, it being several millennia ago now.

*Thankfully. I can remember some of the subsequent decades though.

I remember it clearly. I cried like a 5 year old.
    I was given a big wooden jigsaw to mess with, while the other kids of mixed ages did the alphabet.
    Then in the afternoon I was introduced to the class and we did some sport in the fields.

then me mum came to pick me up. thats when i started the crying
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It was a Monday IIRC.

Comment

I can actually, and I can also remember seeing my mother sat in chair next to an two bar electric fire as I lay in my cot. I can even remember the pattern on the end, the feel of the cheap plastic mattress thing and the contour of the cot rail and bars.

Takes me back!

Comment

vaguely, but it wasn't school it was first client site, I refused the morning milk as I'd brought my own.

One kid, northernboyUK his name was went around scoffing at all the pretend pupils saying they weren't fit to be one, none of them had a ltd co set up or even an accountant. He was send to the naughty corner for shouting out what about FP35 (fisher price) all the time.

Another one madsweet left after the first day saying he would rather claim some form of benefit instead.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

What about Suity? Does he remember his first day at Borstal?

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              vaguely, but it wasn't school it was first client site, I refused the morning milk as I'd brought my own.

One kid, northernboyUK his name was went around scoffing at all the pretend pupils saying they weren't fit to be one, none of them had a ltd co set up or even an accountant. He was send to the naughty corner for shouting out what about FP35 (fisher price) all the time.

Another one madsweet left after the first day saying he would rather claim some form of benefit instead.

qh
              Was there also someone wearing large nappies that needed to be constantly changed as he kept peeing himself?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                What about Suity? Does he remember his first day at Borstal?
                Probably as he would have wet himself and the bed...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                  No, but I remember the queue for NorthernLass at the bike sheds.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Was there also someone wearing large nappies that needed to be constantly changed as he kept peeing himself?
                    That was Scruff, before he adopted his South African accent.

Still wears the nappies though he has no need due to his colostomy bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X