• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dangers of google chrome sync

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dangers of google chrome sync

Friend of the mrs recently split with her partner. Long story but bit of drama, police involved, hes out the door.

She called the mrs last night to say that he'd hacked her laptop and to ask me. Must admit I was dubious - this aint wargames after all.

Turns out she could see all his history for that day in chrome. Some pretty dodgy and personal stuff in there too - emails he'd written etc. Turns out it because if you sign into chrome on one machine, you can sign in on another and it syncs things like bookmarks and history etc. Must admit I didnt know that.

Turns out the stupid git had left laptop signed in on chrome and also used his mobile phone which was signed in.

So, just beware in case you don't want anyone you share computers with to know about bigandbouncy.com
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

There is a reason why chrome has an incognito mode
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

or just dont log in
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

That's why I use 2 browsers

Chrome for Work
        IE for Prawn

Comment

+1 for not logging in. I find Google to be way too keen on logging and distributing everything you do and everywhere you go.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
            IE for Prawn
            Sounds fishy..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              There is a reason why chrome has an incognito mode
              +1
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Am sorry, my teenagers know about signing in to Chrome and it sharing data.... What did you think the benefit of signing in to Chrome was if you didn't know it did this???
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Friend of the mrs"

Comment

I'm the only one wanting to know what websites he was surfing?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X