• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1500 for the forum old farts (that's you, xoggy!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£1500 for the forum old farts (that's you, xoggy!)

Probably already common knowledge, but stumbled across this today

Paul Lewis Money: TAKING MONEY FROM THE TREASURY

Fill yer boots!

(Don't forget my 20% cut.)

I came across this kind of scheme in the early 90s when my insurance broker wanted me to run a few figures through a spreadsheet (this before most folks even knew what a spreadsheet was).

His scheme was a longer term thing aimed at folks due to retire in a few years and then through their retirement. The 25% tax free element on withdrawals yielded income (and money to reinvest if you wanted), and you avoided the tax on the remaining 75% by reinvesting that.

The scheme did work in theory but I couldn't help thinking that the insurance chap was going to make even more brass out of flogging those reinvestment policies down the line.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Hey! A bit of legal tax fraud. Ta MS!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

WXOGS.

Comment

Sounds fine in principle, but the restrospective legislation angle worries me
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X