• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Identify the Film...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify the Film...

Saw it a while ago, trying to find it in IMDB etc but I don't have enough clues to search with, this is what I have;

1. British
    2. Colour
    3. Movie about time shifts
    4. Like modern-day, 70/80/90's not sure, then back to Victorian or Georgian
    5. Seemed to be about a Manor House with usual nasty Lord or whatever, concentrating on a barn, and horse, and the tuliphole village under the Lord's mantle.

Sure Hugh Bonneville was in it - been through his filmography, nothing fits.

I remember specially the time hero time shifting by hiding in the hay in the barn I think and the the village in the old part of the time shift being rotten and had a dirty great sewer in the middle of the street....

Did I dream (I dreamed about you...)

No idea, but in a similar vein, perhaps someone can help me with my kids TV programme.

When ms#3 was little he always used to talk about this programme with 'big part' which made us chuckle.
    Turned out it was a cowboy (I think) whose horse was Big Part'ner. I think there was a little part'ner too. Fifty Fifty is ringing a vague bell as its name (or the cowboy's name) but google returns nothing. Guessing around 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Saw it a while ago, trying to find it in IMDB etc but I don't have enough clues to search with, this is what I have;

1. British
      2. Colour
      5. Seemed to be about a Manor House with usual nasty Lord or whatever, concentrating on a barn, and horse, and the tuliphole village under the Lord's mantle.

I remember specially the time hero time shifting by hiding in the hay in the barn I think and the the village in the old part of the time shift being rotten and had a dirty great sewer in the middle of the street....

From Time to Time (2009) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        No idea, but in a similar vein, perhaps someone can help me with my kids TV programme.

When ms#3 was little he always used to talk about this programme with 'big part' which made us chuckle.
        Turned out it was a cowboy (I think) whose horse was Big Part'ner. I think there was a little part'ner too. Fifty Fifty is ringing a vague bell as its name (or the cowboy's name) but google returns nothing. Guessing around 1988.
        BraveStarr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Guess that must be it - horse called 30/30 sounds like it fits the bill.

Comment

Time shifting, reminds me of quantum leap. Loved that show.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Good one, but no, like me you fell down the Hugh Bonneville trap. I though it was this, downloaded it and it wasn't...

I think me thinking it was Hugh Bonneville thing is a red haddock...

Comment

Haven't a clue about the one you are looking for but can recommend Time Crimes

I saw it in Spanish, with English subtitles.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Haven't a clue about the one you are looking for but can recommend Time Crimes

I saw it in Spanish, with English subtitles.
                  I once watched Spanglish in Russia dubbed in Russian.

Even now when I watch it normally I get confused....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

1. British
                    2. Colour

Any of these?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X