• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US 'Soccer Moms' suing Fifa over heading the ball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US 'Soccer Moms' suing Fifa over heading the ball

Only in America:

'Soccer moms' to sue Fifa over concussion risk to children playing football - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

A group of American families is suing football's governing body Fifa for putting children who head the ball at risk of concussion, according to a report.

The lawsuit, filed in California, accuses the sport's administrators of acting “carelessly and negligently”.

It is not seeking financial compensation, but wants to see a limit on the number of times young players are allowed to head the ball among a number of other rules designed to protect children,
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Let me see if I have this correct.

Heading a football = Potentially bad
    Kinder Egg = So dangerous they're banned
    9 year old kid with an Uzi = Just do it!

lolz, those funny Americans.

Comment

I'm in favour of anything which makes Sepp Blatter's life just a little less comfortable.

It could be quite an amusing rule. Say there was a limit of 10 'headers' per player;
      - would the ref be expected to keep count? They've been noted to struggle counting to 2 yellow cards.
      - would the player then have to be substituted, or play on without using their head? Sam Allardyce would be a European Cup winning manager within 2 seasons.

Comment

Quick get a load of these in, we could make millions.

Foam Football.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Quick get a load of these in, we could make millions.

Foam Football.

qh
          Not a new product. We had some of them at primary school.

Though being multi-cultural inner city kids we realised they were good for playing our games of Sting Ups when we got told off for playing it with proper footballs then tennis balls. You could still make them really hurt people but you had to be either more subtle in your aim or be really fast with the ball.

It didn't work though. The game still got banned like British Bulldog
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I suppose the yanks could wear 'header helmets', like laser quest stuff,
            it could count the number of headers then a little flag could come up so the ref could take action.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Twats, presumably their UK partners in ambulance chasing (*): Negligence & Compensation Solicitors, Loss & Injury | Bolt Burdon Kemp

(* I will admit that there is some good stuff being performed by them though)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Only in America:
                Or in the UK - BBC News - Jeff Astle: Head injury footballer's case tip of the iceberg?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking.

It is effectively repeated blows to the head.

Comment

rather dissapointingly I was expecting this thread to be about soccer moms giving head.

with photo's

oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X