• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So despite having commited no crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So despite having commited no crime

One may be banged up in some Spanish gaol at the behest of some over promoted plod in Hampshire.

Said plod then proceed to dream up some charge or other so you can be extradited to the (former*) UK.

How very odd.

Meanwhile other versions of the plod can happily ignore thousands of cases of statutory rape that's gone on for decades.

Even odder.

*In preparation for the "Yes" vote. You know it makes sense.

European Arrest Warrant - it relies on the basic assumption that legal due process is at roughly the same level across Europe so the country executing the warrant largely defers to the fact that the issuing country knows what they are talking about.

They could always apply for bail and then go to the nearest Ecuadorian Embassy to apply for asylum.

Also nobody being arrested has automatically committed a crime - they are arrested on the basis of reasonable evidence to suspect they might have committed a crime - in this case evidence from the hospital saying that removing the kid was neglectful
    Last edited by centurian; 31 August 2014, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      One may be banged up in some Spanish gaol at the behest of some over promoted plod in Hampshire.

Said plod then proceed to dream up some charge or other so you can be extradited to the (former*) UK.

How very odd.

Meanwhile other versions of the plod can happily ignore thousands of cases of statutory rape that's gone on for decades.

Even odder.

*In preparation for the "Yes" vote. You know it makes sense.
      Ah yes, but the parents didn't agree with said NHS treatment for their son as the NHS does not do a form of targeted treatment in the UK. They had told their parents they would get them a second opinion and see if he could have treatment abroad. But the parents took that decision instead and buggered off. In the UK Mary Poppins state you must not question the piss poor offerings of the NHS lest you be arrested for kidnapping your own children???
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This is making me crosser and crosser.

Comment

I assumed it was the feeding that was the issue, as he needs to be fed on some sort of machine and taking him away from the hospital meant they could not nourish him, therefor neglect.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They should have allowed the parents right of leave.

The NHS probably can't afford this kind of treatment but they shouldn't stop the parents from trying to get it elsewhere.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              They should have allowed the parents right of leave.

The NHS probably can't afford this kind of treatment but they shouldn't stop the parents from trying to get it elsewhere.
              Brain tumour boy Ashya King snatched from NHS hospital is being treated in Malaga | Mail Online

The way this was painted 'Jehovahs-Witnesses' in the title gives the indication that they are refusing treatment. His father is both lucid and obviously wants better for his son. The video is a real eyeopener. They had been questioning the doctors treatment at the hospital and had been threatened with being banned from seeing their son.

Outrageous treatment by the NHS and British authorities.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Indeedy. If something good comes from this, I imagine it will be a justgiving page to pay for the kid's treatment. I know I'd chuck a tenner in. Sounds like the JW thing was completely unrelated to the story.

Comment

Dont forget, the hospital are bound by confidentiality so there may be a lot going on that we dont know about. Plus the big thing about the child not being reported missing for 6 hours - parents take their kids off the wards every day, its allowed. They know when the kids are due medication and feeding, so they get them back in time. (Mostly)

Also , this feeding pump. If he nicked it from the ward, then he is not squeaky clean. On the other hand, if he took it from home, he is trained and well capable of using it and getting batteries for it. At home, the parent is 100% responsible for this kit.

Still not sure if the kid was ever at home though. he might have spent his whole life in hospital
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X