• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Identify the film 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify the film 2

There was a VHS a family member rented out thirty years ago which I'd like to see again. I was only about five at the time and the film had to be rated 15 or 18.

It was a sci-fi film set in a dystopian future. The plot was about bumping off the evil dictator (who looked a bit like that bald bond villain) and at the climax of the film the heroes killed him. However, as an epilogue you then saw another copy of the dictator being pulled off a production line (a genetic clone or android).

Stylistically the film looked a lot like "Escape from New York" and for a while I wonder if that actually was the film but I don't think it is.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
    Any ideas?
    Maybe this?

2019 - After the Fall of New York (1983) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      That's a very good suggestion. However, just watched the trailer on Youtube and it isn't ringing any bells. I'd I ask my uncle but he's carked it.

Comment

Maybe the film is one of those listed at Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time

(That site has an obnoxiously in-your-face popup about an iPhone, but it is quite small you can still pan down the page.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sounds like Flash Gordon, except for the future bit, and the clone bit, and.. ah feck it. It's not Flash Gordon
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
            That's a very good suggestion. However, just watched the trailer on Youtube and it isn't ringing any bells. I'd I ask my uncle but he's carked it.
            How about this one?

The Clonus Horror (1979) - IMDb
            Parts: The Clonus Horror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Cheers for the links but that's not it. I reckon it must be a bit of a video nasty though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Sounds like Flash Gordon, except for the future bit, and the clone bit
                Yeah it was the ending which was quite memorable, I don't think I'm ever going to find out what it was!

Comment

Working...
                X