• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shiny new website...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiny new website...

I see www.ipse.co.uk is up and running now.
    Blog? What blog...?

Shame no-one realised that they missed including the A from Association in their whizzy name. It's almost as if they had the word first and then tried to make it fit.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Shame no-one realised that they missed including the A from Association in their whizzy name. It's almost as if they had the word first and then tried to make it fit.
      Yeah In any case, the old name was better.

Comment

As long as I'm still being advised that there is no protection in opting in, then I'm a happy man.

Comment

IPSE is Latin for "itself" so has a degree of logic to it, and it looks like AIPSE has been taken. Anyway, since 90% of contractors and freelancers have never heard of PCG, it doesn't really matter what they're called, does it.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            IPSE is Latin for "itself" so has a degree of logic to it, and it looks like AIPSE has been taken. Anyway, since 90% of contractors and freelancers have never heard of PCG, it doesn't really matter what they're called, does it.
            Logos are like jokes; if one has to explain them...
            Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

At least Professional Contractors Group could be abbreviated to PCG. Association of Independent Professionals and Self Employed cannot be abbreviated to IPSE unless you remove the word Association, which kind of defeats the name.

So, it comes back to "hmm, ipse means self in Latin, what words can we put around that to make a cool sounding name?" and then realising that you need to have something like "Group" or "Association" to show that you are a group or an association of some kind. Which then ruins your new name because IPSE doesn't make any sense.

And as for aipse.org being taken, that's irrelevant - ipse.org has also been taken, which I guess is why they have moved from being an organisation in the UK (like pcg.org.uk) to being a UK-based company (ipse.co.uk). They went as far as registering aipse.co.uk and aipse.org.uk this weekend, though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

'qui dat volanti irrumabo .co.uk'

thats latin that is
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Its latin for "himself", are women not welcome in the new PCG, you wanted ipsum for the neutral?

#EveryDaySexism
                  Last edited by SimonMac; 1 September 2014, 10:27.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Its latin for "himself", are women not welcome in the new PCG, you wanted ipsum for the neutral?

#EveryDaySexism
                    That would be Ipsum not Ipse.

Ipse is Himself.

Ipsa is Herself.

Ipsum is Itself.

ipse - Wiktionary
                    Last edited by DaveB; 1 September 2014, 10:30. Reason: SiMac got there first.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X