• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which reward credit card?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which reward credit card?

I do lots of amazon spending and use my credit car for all purchases so have been getting lots of £10 and £20 vouchers with amazon. Total of over £250 in amazon vouchers. However their deal is coming to an end this month and Bank of America are no longer doing it.

The best deals all seem to be with American Express. I'm not sure if the gold card is worth it? Though you do get lots of benefits and travel insurance..... The cash back deals they have are pretty good at 1.25% after an initial 5%.

Any suggestions?

Why not use a visa / debit card?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Why not use a visa / debit card?
      I am just after the rewards here, don't care what the brand is.....

Comment

I use the basic Amex with Avios points (BA air miles, effectively). No cash back, no insurance perks. Well, spend 20K in a year and you get a companion voucher, and hence take someone along with you for *free.

*In the past the flights were legitimately free but now, of course, we have to cop for taxes.

Therefore last year's flights to Vegas cost us around 1200 each, but we'd never flown first class before so it was a terrific experience that we'd gladly trade that sort of money again to repeat. Had we bought first class tickets (we wouldn't, of course, but this serves as justification for my continued frantic gathering of Avios points), our seats would have cost us over £6.5K each.

I'm addicted to them. Help me. Please.

Comment

Tesco - 1% to points, but combined with the clubcard deals, effectively 3 or 4%.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Tesco - 1% to points, but combined with the clubcard deals, effectively 3 or 4%.
            I hate anything tesco related. Same for m and s

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I am just after the rewards here, don't care what the brand is.....

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I hate anything tesco related. Same for m and s
              Requirements trickle feed - you been taking lessons from suity?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Requirements trickle feed - you been taking lessons from suity?

Bad habit I picked up from these guys I am working with in the financial sector....

Comment

What do you want is the question isn't it? I have an IHG Hotel Rewards Black Card cause me and the missus like going away so nice to get some freebie hotel nights.

If I didn't have that I would get the Tesco's one. It's supposed to be one of the best for points to prizes. Something to do with the discounts on goods you can buy with the coupons or something.

If you are after hard cash use moneysupermarket to get the best cash backs.

Apart from all that I can't really see how we can make a decision for you as we don't know what type of points you want to earn and don't like certain cards.

Check Moneysupermarket and see what's on offer.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                    I use the basic Amex with Avios points (BA air miles, effectively). No cash back, no insurance perks. Well, spend 20K in a year and you get a companion voucher, and hence take someone along with you for *free.

*In the past the flights were legitimately free but now, of course, we have to cop for taxes.

Therefore last year's flights to Vegas cost us around 1200 each, but we'd never flown first class before so it was a terrific experience that we'd gladly trade that sort of money again to repeat. Had we bought first class tickets (we wouldn't, of course, but this serves as justification for my continued frantic gathering of Avios points), our seats would have cost us over £6.5K each.

I'm addicted to them. Help me. Please.
                    I hated the Avios points. Everything I could pick was cheaper if I booked it direct and anything with BA was a waste of time as you have to fly from Manchester to London and then out. No international hub up here. Very disappointed in them. Got a couple more free hotel nights then sacked them.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X