PDA

View Full Version : Why I cannot post?

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 08:30
I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread? The thread also has been tagged with keywords that I didn't put in, including 'casual sexism', 'thicko frank'. What happened?

stek
2nd September 2014, 08:32
I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread?

I think the clue is the massive padlock icon on the thread. Might mean something?

It was locked because it was so boring.

eek
2nd September 2014, 08:32
I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread?

The mods think your inability to comprehend what people told you had ran its course so they closed it...

TheFaQQer
2nd September 2014, 08:44
I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread? The thread also has been tagged with keywords that I didn't put in, including 'casual sexism', 'thicko frank'. What happened?

The last post from NAT says that the thread has (in his opinion) run it's course. If / when you have a result to add to the discussion, you could send a PM to a moderator and ask them to re-open the thread, or start a new thread with your update.

Tags can be put in by any CUK member on any thread. If you take objection to any of the tags, you should report the thread to the moderating team, and ask them to deal with them.

Old Greg
2nd September 2014, 08:46
The last post from NAT says that the thread has (in his opinion) run it's course. If / when you have a result to add to the discussion, you could send a PM to a moderator and ask them to re-open the thread, or start a new thread with your update.

Tags can be put in by any CUK member on any thread. If you take objection to any of the tags, you should report the thread to the moderating team, and ask them to deal with them.

:spel its

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 08:50

Thanks. Will do. Just sent a PM to NAT.

minestrone
2nd September 2014, 09:06
be sure and let us know how it goes.

Scruff
2nd September 2014, 09:09

:popcorn:

DiscoStu
2nd September 2014, 09:11

Are your lawyers assembling as we speak to discuss what action to take against him for closing the thread?

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 09:17
Cannot understand why someone else can tag my thread with whatever they like. If the tags are inappropriate, would there be any repercussions to that person?

EternalOptimist
2nd September 2014, 09:20
Cannot understand why someone else can tag my thread with whatever they like. If the tags are inappropriate, would there be any repercussions to that person?

yes. the mods will go round to his house with a bazooka

TheFaQQer
2nd September 2014, 09:20

The only person who can see who left the tags (I think) is administrator.

You're best off sending him a PM to address your concerns about how the site is run.

DiscoStu
2nd September 2014, 09:22
The only person who can see who left the tags (I think) is administrator.

You're best off sending him a solicitors letter to address your concerns about how the site is run.

FTFY

MarillionFan
2nd September 2014, 09:32

Sorry Frank that you've been targeted by the forum bullies and the TPD clique. They sort of run stuff around here. Passive aggressors the lot of 'em.

NotAllThere
2nd September 2014, 09:36
yes. the mods will go round to his house with a bazooka
Duly bazooked. Such tags are not permitted in the professional forums. Of course,in General - well, you were warned...

Sorry Frank that you've been targeted by the forum bullies and the TPD clique. They sort of run stuff around here. Passive aggressors the lot of 'em.
:D

Bunk
2nd September 2014, 09:37

And don't you forget it :fight:

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 10:11
So NAT has swiftly dealt with the inappropriate tags and kept his decision to block any new posts. Though there are still issues about 'negligence' and 'negotiate in bad faith' on the part of Morgan McKinley that I wanted to talk about that may warrant a legal case, I respect that NAT has the right to make such decision.

When the Advertising Standards Authority and/or Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate come back with some answers I shall make new posts here.

To fight or not to fight, it's your choice and it's your life.

eek
2nd September 2014, 10:15
So NAT has swiftly dealt with the inappropriate tags and kept his decision to block any new posts. Though there are still issues about 'negligence' and 'negotiate in bad faith' on the part of Morgan McKinley that I wanted to talk about that may warrant a legal case, I respect that NAT has the right to make such decision.

When the Advertising Standards Authority and/or Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate come back with some answers I shall make new posts here.

Yep it's your life. And by the looks of it you are wasting weeks of it fighting a pointless worthless battle...

EternalOptimist
2nd September 2014, 10:16

that's one heck of a responsibility you just heaped on me.

tractor
2nd September 2014, 10:16

Your posts are not blocked. The thread is closed because 'it had run its course'

You are quite at liberty to create a new thread but you would be well advised not to create it in General but to create it in a more appropriate forum. Please don't ask for advice though because it seems you are incapable of taking any on board and, I am gusssing, any new thread you start in that vein is likely to be closed at some point for the same reason.

minestrone
2nd September 2014, 10:20
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/sad-big-bird-meme.jpg

tractor
2nd September 2014, 10:23
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/sad-big-bird-meme.jpg

Send a PM to Psychocandy for instructions.

HTH

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 10:26
Yep it's your life. And by the looks of it you are wasting weeks of it fighting a pointless worthless battle...

And I got a few of you wasting time following the thread and making posts? :banana:

EternalOptimist
2nd September 2014, 10:28
have you ever sued anyone Frank ?

what was it like.

eek
2nd September 2014, 10:29
And I got a few of you wasting time following the thread and making posts? :banana:

Not quite, we just kill a few minutes calling a :cretin:ous muppet a total and utter :cretin:ous muppet

TykeMerc
2nd September 2014, 10:31
Not quite, we just kill a few minutes calling a :cretin:ous muppet a total and utter :cretin:ous muppet

Indeed, transparent sock trolling, not clever, funny or novel, just stupidity.

tractor
2nd September 2014, 10:31

So you are a sockie. Congratulations, you fooled us all. :p

TheFaQQer
2nd September 2014, 10:33

The difference is that I'm being paid by my client to waste time on here. You aren't.

HTHBIDI

tractor
2nd September 2014, 10:36
The difference is that I'm being paid by my client to waste time on here. You aren't.

HTHBIDI

Frank will have the last laugh when he gets all that compo and punitive damages though, you mark my words. :tumble::tumble:

EternalOptimist
2nd September 2014, 10:37
sock puppets are supposed to have a tiny molecule of humour, thats a rule isnt it ?
one part per million at least.
this is so unutterably dull, it has to be a real loon

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 10:45

Sad but True.

cojak
2nd September 2014, 11:44

Really?

oracleslave
2nd September 2014, 11:49
And a bazooka/infraction for me. I still think you're a thicko though.

MarillionFan
2nd September 2014, 12:02

http://grangehillgold.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/seriesfive053.jpg?w=300&h=225

Leave him alone Stebson!

original PM
2nd September 2014, 12:09

yeah but you do realise we get paid to do this right?

we are all contractors after all.

AYSYACOTBAC

stek
2nd September 2014, 12:14
How do you tag a post and how do you spell 'clooless feckwitt'?

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 12:16

Did learnt a few things here in the UK, like thicko, sockie, etc.
The people I have met in the UK are polite, is online personality showing the true Brits?
Also learnt the word 'Franked' here. So if thicko, sockie are allowed here, I would say that
YOU HAVE BEEN FRANKED! :banana::spank:

Bunk
2nd September 2014, 12:25
The people I have met in the UK are polite, is online personality showing the true Brits?
Also learnt the word 'Franked' here. So if thicko, sockie are allowed here, I would say that

:zzzz:

BrilloPad
2nd September 2014, 12:28
The people I have met in the UK are polite

Now I know you are taking the p1ss.

stek
2nd September 2014, 12:31
Also is the thread title a question or a statement?

I suspect the OP is a Bob....

Frank Big Bird
2nd September 2014, 12:34
More work for NAT I supposed?

Tags in this thread:

casual sexism,
clooless feckwitt,
dont play hard to get,
general franco,
go get 'em tiger!,
thicko frank,
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DiscoStu
2nd September 2014, 12:36
More work for NAT I supposed?

Tags in this thread:

casual sexism,
clooless feckwitt,
dont play hard to get,
general franco,
go get 'em tiger!,
thicko frank,
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nope, General's pretty much a free-for-all.

Welcome to CUK :D

cojak
2nd September 2014, 12:43

And so have you.

minestrone
2nd September 2014, 12:43
Also is the thread title a question or a statement?

I suspect the OP is a Bob....

http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/making_a_sock_puppet_s2.jpg

v8gaz
2nd September 2014, 12:44
YOU HAVE BEEN FRANKED

Watch out, he may go postal

mudskipper
2nd September 2014, 12:49
I think you cannot post because you are banned.

Perhaps try again in a couple of days.

(Is it only me who's got a Geordie why-aye cannae post voice in my head?)

EternalOptimist
2nd September 2014, 14:59
what an utterly utterly utterly dull fellow.

i bet he comes from utterly

xoggoth
2nd September 2014, 15:59
Eeeeh! Never noticed tags before. Nearest thing to exciting I've encountered all week.

DiscoStu
3rd September 2014, 21:06
Frank's unbanned tomorrow, I do hope he returns with more pearls of wisdom about his desire to be a contracting Batman fighting for truth and justice everywhere.

minestrone
4th September 2014, 12:32
I am sure on frank's return we will do our best to help him out.

Frank Big Bird
4th September 2014, 13:25
No words, no reasoning, no warning, just banned!!!
Its your ball, its your court, its your referee and its your rule.
Doesn't make sense for me to play the game, don't you think?
While you are the gods in your domain, just remember that Gresham's Law is always at work.:igmc:

eek
4th September 2014, 13:35
While you are the gods in your domain, just remember that Gresham's Law is always at work.:igmc:

You must spread some Reputation around before negging Frank Big Bird again.

Hint, hint.

Uncle Albert
4th September 2014, 13:37

That's the worst Haiku I've ever read.

DiscoStu
4th September 2014, 13:43
You must spread some Reputation around before negging Frank Big Bird again.

Hint, hint.

I have done the needful and now I revert.

FatLazyContractor
4th September 2014, 13:44
I have done the needful and now I revert.

Revert to updation? or the same?

quackhandle
4th September 2014, 13:48

I had to look up Gresham's Law, thanks, nice to learn something new.

qh

TykeMerc
4th September 2014, 14:10

I trust that's the end of yet another of the massive line of crappy sockpuppets that start out with dumb threads in the professional forums. Predictable, uninventive, dull and moronic, no doubt the native chatacteristics of the sockmeister.

Do try to make the biggest of the heavy doors hit you on the way out, maybe it will stop the sock production line.

cojak
4th September 2014, 14:37
Gresham's Law is dependant on your definition of 'bad' and 'good'.

Big headed dimwits who brag about 'Franking' regulars aren't on my Good list.

TheFaQQer
4th September 2014, 14:54
I had to look up Gresham's Law, thanks, nice to learn something new.

qh

I got confused with Gressingham, and thought the big bird was talking about ducks.

mudskipper
4th September 2014, 15:00
I got confused with Gressingham, and thought the big bird was talking about ducks.

I thought she meant that John Grisham was writing a novel where the little (wo)man gets one over on the corporate lawyers.

greenlake
4th September 2014, 16:31
I trust that's the end of yet another of the massive line of crappy sockpuppets that start out with dumb threads in the professional forums. Predictable, uninventive, dull and moronic, no doubt the native chatacteristics of the sockmeister.

Admin really needs to employ this Great Dane to work with the mods....

A dog who ate nearly 44 socks helps a Portland vet gain national honors | OregonLive.com (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/09/mystery_solved_--_a_dog_ate_ne.html)

DiscoStu
23rd September 2014, 23:42
Still no ruling on the ASA website Frank, did they read your complaint and laugh at you? :eyes

MaryPoppins
24th September 2014, 08:15

That's all in Geordie in my head now, thanks MS