• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I cannot post?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I cannot post?

I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread? The thread also has been tagged with keywords that I didn't put in, including 'casual sexism', 'thicko frank'. What happened?
    Last edited by Frank Big Bird; 2 September 2014, 08:33.

Originally posted by Frank Big Bird View Post
    I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread?
    I think the clue is the massive padlock icon on the thread. Might mean something?

It was locked because it was so boring.

Comment

I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread?
      The mods think your inability to comprehend what people told you had ran its course so they closed it...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I started a thread last week and now the only choice available to me is to 'close' thread? The thread also has been tagged with keywords that I didn't put in, including 'casual sexism', 'thicko frank'. What happened?
        The last post from NAT says that the thread has (in his opinion) run it's course. If / when you have a result to add to the discussion, you could send a PM to a moderator and ask them to re-open the thread, or start a new thread with your update.

Tags can be put in by any CUK member on any thread. If you take objection to any of the tags, you should report the thread to the moderating team, and ask them to deal with them.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          The last post from NAT says that the thread has (in his opinion) run it's course. If / when you have a result to add to the discussion, you could send a PM to a moderator and ask them to re-open the thread, or start a new thread with your update.

Tags can be put in by any CUK member on any thread. If you take objection to any of the tags, you should report the thread to the moderating team, and ask them to deal with them.
          its

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Thanks. Will do. Just sent a PM to NAT.
            Last edited by Frank Big Bird; 2 September 2014, 08:56.

Comment

be sure and let us know how it goes.

Comment

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Are your lawyers assembling as we speak to discuss what action to take against him for closing the thread?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Cannot understand why someone else can tag my thread with whatever they like. If the tags are inappropriate, would there be any repercussions to that person?

Comment

Working...
                    X