• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the IPSE CC members who post here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the IPSE CC members who post here

Since mal won't answer the questions, I'll throw it open to tarbera and v8gaz as well:

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    All this hysteria over the name would be funny If it wasn't so sad. And it would make a lot
    more sense to discuss it on the PCG forums, where the people who actually made the decisions will answer your questions. But hey, who said anything about being sensible.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Sorry, I thought you were a member of the CC?

So, either I'm wrong and you aren't a member of the CC, the CC didn't make any decisions about this, or the CC did and you didn't take part in that discussion?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Since mal won't answer the questions, I'll throw it open to tarbera and v8gaz as well:
    Don't you find it worrying that the person advertising the name change forgets about it within 1 day of it occurring and reverts to calling it PCG again...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

sorry, I'm not sure what it is you're actually asking.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        sorry, I'm not sure what it is you're actually asking.
        Were the CC involved in the discussion on rebranding PCG?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

This sounds like an IPSE internal discussion to me. Probably best if you ask in a more appropriate forum.

It's also probably a good idea to bring along your reasons for asking, assuming they are other than "I want to have yet another go at PCG/IPSE".
          World's Best Martini

Comment

This sounds like an IPSE internal discussion to me. Probably best if you ask in a more appropriate forum.

It's also probably a good idea to bring along your reasons for asking, assuming they are other than "I want to have yet another go at PCG/IPSE".
            Well, that was Mal's answer as well - that the PCG forums were the appropriate place to ask questions. It's almost as if that's the party line to take.

Mal's line was that (although he was willing to start a thread plugging the new IPSE site) CUK wasn't the place to discuss the new IPSE site because the people who made the decision weren't posting on here. The question was whether that statement was true, and whether any people who were involved in making the decision did post on CUK as well.

It's a pretty straightforward question, though - and the fact that the CC members don't want to answer it leads to either one of two conclusions. Either you were involved in the rebranding exercise and don't want to admit that you were, or you weren't involved in the rebranding exercise (which may lead to further awkward questions about the whole purpose of the CC).
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

That was Mal's answer as well, because it's the correct answer. IPSE forums are the place to discuss IPSE policy and process. HTHBIDI
              World's Best Martini

Comment

That was Mal's answer as well, because it's the correct answer. IPSE forums are the place to discuss IPSE policy and process. HTHBIDI
                I seem to remember the old duffers's deposits from days of old; perhaps PCG's PTB could keep him on a short chain with a long flush?
                Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

So maybe you shouldn't be using other fora to plug your business, and then say "this isn't the place" when people ask you about said business.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
                    I seem to remember the old duffers's deposits from days of old; perhaps PCG's PTB could keep him on a short chain with a long flush?
                    I remember him saying "now that I'm a CC member, it's not appropriate for me to post on CUK any more" and disappearing.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X