• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Putin "I can take Kiev in two weeks..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putin "I can take Kiev in two weeks..."

He's a madman!

Meanwhile, a Russian official responded to allegations that Russian President Vladimir Putin had commented: "If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks."

The reported comments were said to be made in a phone call to European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso, and were reported in Italy's La Repubblica newspaper.

Kremlin adviser Yuri Ushakov told reporters that whether or not the words were spoken, the quote "was taken out of context and had a totally different meaning".
    Presumably like Krushchyov's famous 'We will bury you' mis-translation......

BBC News - Russia 'to alter military strategy towards Nato'

In addition the Duma has passed a new law on dual citizenship which means my Russky partner (who will have dual citizenship soon) has to register it in Russia within 60 days or face jail, a fine and being labelled a 'Foreign Agent'...

Novorossiya here we come, Soviet Union Part Dva.......

Originally posted by stek View Post
    He's a madman!

Presumably like Krushchyov's famous 'We will bury you' mis-translation......

BBC News - Russia 'to alter military strategy towards Nato'

In addition the Duma has passed a new law on dual citizenship which means my Russky partner (who will have dual citizenship soon) has to register it in Russia within 60 days or face jail, a fine and being labelled a 'Foreign Agent'...

Novorossiya here we come, Soviet Union Part Dva.......
    I think he's quoting AtW who said 'I can get a sofa in two weeks'.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I think he's quoting AtW who said 'I can get a sofa in two weeks'.
      I thought it could be 'I can bake (Chicken) Kiev(s) in two weeks', not being much of a cook due to being a Russian man.

They don't have Chicken Kievs over there anyway on account of them being far too spicy for the Soviet tongue.

My inamorata actually asks for 'Chicken Korma, very, very mild, please' in our local Indian. They always look at me funny....

Comment

Did someone say food?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Did someone say food?
          Hi Suity
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Hi Suity
            Suity ?!

Why does everyone pick on poor Suityou001 ?

Comment

Peace in our time.

Or was it peas in our time?

Comment

Think the Yanks will now start to move cruise missile equipped battleships into the Agean Sea?

Presuming they have the range.

Just think, if they moved East a bit they could lob some into Syria as well, two birds one stone.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Peace in our time.

Or was it peas in our time?
                  I've still got 700 cans of beans stockpiled after SY01's warning about WWIII, will they do?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Kiev in 2 weeks ?
                    yeah, you and whose army
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X