• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Best Contracting Apps?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

I work in contracting across the pond and I was wondering what are some Apps you guys use when it comes to construction? I'm sure most of us have heard of PlanGrid (which I think is the best) but up until last week when a friend told me about it I knew nothing of ConstructionHelper. The total surface calculations really help. Lastly, a co-worker put me on to Joist. This one essentially eliminated the use of pen and paper when making estimates and invoices, everything was done via the website or the app.

What are some apps or websites you use to make your life easier?

Who's going to tell him? (He does seem a nice chap...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

did I post in the wrong forum lol?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        <Ahem> I think that is a mod type responsibility!

I think the denizens of General are showing amazing restraint so far!!

Comment

This is a forum for IT contractors, although we do have a few hangers on from other sectors, so if there's an app you want, give NickFitz a shout and he'll knock it up for you by tea time.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            That he appears to be trying to get people to buy construction apps in a rather poorly camouflaged sales pitch or that the Contractors on here are almost universally not in the building trade?

Comment

uh oh. It contracting? never heard the term before. I thought this was for trades and general contractors.

mods please delete, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by James Blade View Post
                uh oh. It contracting? never heard the term before. I thought this was for trades and general contractors.

mods please delete, my apologies.
                Have you heard of ipse?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  That he appears to be trying to get people to buy construction apps in a rather poorly camouflaged sales pitch or that the Contractors on here are almost universally not in the building trade?
                  Buy? I assumed this was a contracting forum for general trades contractors. The apps I listed are all free.

Yea you got me Tyke.

Comment

Originally posted by James Blade View Post
                    Hey guys,

I work in contracting across the pond and I was wondering what are some Apps you guys use when it comes to construction? I'm sure most of us have heard of PlanGrid (which I think is the best) but up until last week when a friend told me about it I knew nothing of ConstructionHelper. The total surface calculations really help. Lastly, a co-worker put me on to Joist. This one essentially eliminated the use of pen and paper when making estimates and invoices, everything was done via the website or the app.

What are some apps or websites you use to make your life easier?
                    Hey, have you considered a full on investment in BIM? You can take a development from concept to disposal without even lifting a pen. Pass all the data down the line throughout its lifetime and make some huge savings and gain a march on your non-BIM competitors. Forget those weeny iOS and Android apps get with the big boys and make some real money.

Comment

Working...
                    X