• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass troop movements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass troop movements

Over the last week or so, there's been several large convoys of military equipment travelling through the South West, particularly along the A303, A358 and the M5 heading SW.

There's been miles of various equipment, 30 RAF fuel tankers this morning, loads of troop carriers and various vehicle carriers. Mod-Plod's are dotted around everywhere. A load of Chinook's have just flown overhead as well.

Anyone know what's going on? I can only assume they're piling down to Plymouth to be shipped to a new war zone. However, I thought Iran wasn't happening for at least 2 years?

They're heading down to shaunbhoys place for a squaddie reunion.

He was so popular, don't you know?

Comment

It could be to do with this.

Comment

Last weekend they were all heading north up the M5. Presumably some kind of exercise blowing up things in South Wales. I’d have thought they were the wrong colour for Iraq. Threaded should know. In fact I think it was him driving all the trucks.

Comment

> particularly along the A303, A358 and the M5 heading SW.

Oh God, not the M5. I was planning to drive down there this weekend, and it's bad enough with caravans and horse boxes without smoke-belching squaddiemobiles trundling along at 10 MPH.

Edit: Come to think of it, didn't the Government claim a while back they were planning a crack down on caravans? Maybe at last they're doing more than just talk, and the troops are digging in along the M5 ready for the weekend. Shaun will be pleased!

Comment

Skoda

I drove up the M3 this afternoon on the way back from Portsmouth and noticed a "plain clothes" police Skoda pulled up behind an unsuspecting motorist on the hard shoulder. I also noticed large numbers of military vehicles albeit with red crosses on them, so whatever is going on they seem to be anticipating casualties.. which means that it probably is a shaunboy reunion :rollin :rollin

BTW you car experts..
            Does a Skoda beat a Mondeo?

Comment

Re: Skoda

Depends which Skoda and which Mondeo

SG in "Car Geek" Mode...

Comment

Any skoda will beat OH's Mondeo:rollin

Comment

BTW you car experts..