• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is going to end well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to end well

Primed and ready to rescue British hostage in night-time raid - SAS squadron on alert for David Cameron to give the order for high-risk mission to bring home aid worker | Mail Online

If the mission fails and there is any hint that this story was to blame, I hope the daily mail editor is shot.

Though it might be good in any case.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Primed and ready to rescue British hostage in night-time raid - SAS squadron on alert for David Cameron to give the order for high-risk mission to bring home aid worker | Mail Online

If the mission fails and there is any hint that this story was to blame, I hope the daily mail editor is shot.

That's the most generic article in the world and says nothing new. US SF have already been on the ground and engaged ISIS, we we're never far behind.

Remember the team who got picked up in Libya with a collection of passports straight off the press?

Comment

Doesn't publicising this make it all the more likely that they're going to lop his head off with a blunt knife? Poor sod...

Comment

Its just a bit of PR from David Cameron. A choice soundbite needed for the 9 o clock news.

Comment

Perhaps they're already in theatre unable to identify the target. They need the target to move to take action. Leak from no. 10 to Daily Mail. Unfortunately Jihadi John only every reads the FT.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Much as I hope the poor man is released as a result of negotiations or even, dare I say it, as a result of an act of goodwill by the jihadists, I have to concur with the senniment of the esteemed op.

In fact, this mission has about as much chance of success as I do in trying to persuade Mr Gittins to pop down to Costco for a fresh box of panty liners on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
              Much as I hope the poor man is released as a result of negotiations or even, dare I say it, as a result of an act of goodwill by the jihadists, I have to concur with the senniment of the esteemed op.

In fact, this mission has about as much chance of success as I do in trying to persuade Mr Gittins to pop down to Costco for a fresh box of panty liners on my behalf.
              Hi GG!

I know this is off topic, but the first time my missus asked me to purchase some ladies comfort doings on her behalf, she just told me to get some Alldays. Never having heard of that brand, and knowing we needed some bread, I assumed that was what it was and asked the girl in the Tescos bakery for some.

Without a word she took off her apron, came round the counter, marched me up to the other end of the store and pointed them out. It was very nice of her, but it would have saved her time if she'd just enlightened me and sent me on my way. Or sold me a loaf of thick-sliced white bread.

Comment

We (SAS) usually train all the worlds special forces, or is this just media myth?

The SAS will no doubt be there watching and taking notes but with the amount of guards around the hostage I'd say it's just too risky to go in via a firefight. More airpower required I'd guess.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Hi GG!

I know this is off topic, but the first time my missus asked me to purchase some ladies comfort doings on her behalf, she just told me to get some Alldays. Never having heard of that brand, and knowing we needed some bread, I assumed that was what it was and asked the girl in the Tescos bakery for some.

Without a word she took off her apron, came round the counter, marched me up to the other end of the store and pointed them out. It was very nice of her, but it would have saved her time if she'd just enlightened me and sent me on my way. Or sold me a loaf of thick-sliced white bread.
                  Hi DS

That's got me thinking a good slice of Warburton's extra thick sliced down the front of my Trainer Coos would probably be a better bet than my normal brand - especially when the old flow is a bit on the heavy side

Comment

FFS. It's Always, not Alldays.

Comment

Working...
                    X