• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Scenario - your view

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Scenario - your view

as u well know ive started my own businesss.

for the business to be successful, i need to acquire 12 customers/clients per week for 18 weeks.

I have already taken 1 booking and 4 enquiries for potential bookings for dedicated weeks.

i have spent 1,000 GBP on advertising and promotion across different channels, online, print, etc...

how does the future look?

tulip ! and FFS El duder stop flooding this forum with your business wannabe posts !

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

for the business to be successful, i need to acquire 12 customers/clients per week for 18 weeks.
      And each of those 12 customers need to acquire 12 customers in our revolutionary new marketsing scheme! Not out lay, no stock to hold just send £250 in used fivers to become part of the greatest wealth creation program evern seen!
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What kind of business?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

<snigger> he'll be bankrupt before he even knows what hit him...

www.jobserve.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
            <snigger> he'll be bankrupt before he even knows what hit him...

www.jobserve.com
            should be called jobsave

Comment

29 grand to go !

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

I have already taken 1 booking and 4 enquiries for potential bookings for dedicated weeks.

i have spent 1,000 GBP on advertising and promotion across different channels, online, print, etc...

Not much to go on here. £1k on advertising is nothing for most startups. Have you got your marketing mix right for your client base ?

Any more details ? Like how much each client is worth, when the 18 weeks starts and ends, how flexible the 18 weeks are, whether you have done any below the line marketing, other overheads and capital investment, cost of sales per client, success criteria (profit expectation), upselling opportunities etc.
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                  Not much to go on here. £1k on advertising is nothing for most startups. Have you got your marketing mix right for your client base ?

Any more details ? Like how much each client is worth, when the 18 weeks starts and ends, how flexible the 18 weeks are, whether you have done any below the line marketing, other overheads and capital investment, cost of sales per client, success criteria (profit expectation), upselling opportunities etc.
                  ok no overheads or outlay.

average worth per client 400GBP
                  12 clients per week x 18 weeks
                  estimated turnover 75k
                  profit 50%
                  Last edited by el duder; 7 September 2006, 12:57.

Comment

It will look better if you get down the job center before the afternoon rush.

HTH
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X