• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop driving me nuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop driving me nuts

It's that useless, wanky assembly just in front of the keyboard that is supposed to approximate a mouse what's it called? A touch pad or something?

Well, I've never liked them because of the position your arms have to be in to type - it's like eating with fecking chopsticks.

Anyway - the one I have on my supposedly top of the range Sony Vaio Ultrabook is particularly bad. Left button click keeps getting stuck down such that I can't do a left mouse click or it gets stuck after doing a mouse click such that I find myself in permanent drag and drop mode and I unwittingly move stuff (particularly in Windows Explorer) never to be found again.

Even when it's working the left clicks are interpreted as right clicks half the time meaning I'm spending all my time dismissing unwanted context menus.

What are wireless mice like these days? Had one a few years ago and it was ******* useless....

reminds me of that joke:

Bloke goes to the Doctor's and pulls out a steering wheel from his trousers!
    The Doctor says "WTF is that?"
    Bloke says "I don't know Doc, but it's driving me nuts"

Boom Boom

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      It's that useless, wanky assembly just in front of the keyboard that is supposed to approximate a mouse what's it called? A touch pad or something?

Well, I've never liked them because of the position your arms have to be in to type - it's like eating with fecking chopsticks.

Anyway - the one I have on my supposedly top of the range Sony Vaio Ultrabook is particularly bad. Left button click keeps getting stuck down such that I can't do a left mouse click or it gets stuck after doing a mouse click such that I find myself in permanent drag and drop mode and I unwittingly move stuff (particularly in Windows Explorer) never to be found again.

Even when it's working the left clicks are interpreted as right clicks half the time meaning I'm spending all my time dismissing unwanted context menus.

What are wireless mice like these days? Had one a few years ago and it was ******* useless....
      Wireless mice are just fine
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

its a Vaio nuff said.

was going to do a parody thread called 'Laptop toasting me nuts' but you have enough problems.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Wireless mice are just fine
          USB wireless mice are fine. Blueteeth (?) mice are a royal PITA - frequent/random disconnections IME.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            its a Vaio nuff said.

was going to do a parody thread called 'Laptop toasting me nuts' but you have enough problems.
            ms#5 had an unexplained rash across his thighs.

After some googling, we concluded it was "toasted skin syndrome". I was mortified. He now has a newspaper between lap and laptop.

Comment

It will always cost people more when they choose to spend less when comprising on quality.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Is one leg shorter than the other?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Is one leg shorter than the other?
                  That's not ms#5. But his rash looked like that. He has long legs.

Comment

My Granny used to sit too close to her coal fire, she had the same toasted skin down one side of her leg.

Hold on, I'm sitting next to my logburner......

Comment

Working...
                    X