• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Key to a long life is a waist measuring less than half your height

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key to a long life is a waist measuring less than half your height

Key to a long life is a waist measuring less than half your height - Telegraph

Shame that in MF's case it is roughly double.

Not really news.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

indeed - it is sort of saying the fatter you are the more likely you are to die ahead of the average age for dying.

which most people knew anyway really

Comment

Someone was telling me how sumo wrestlers are actually quite healthy, despite their weight. Something to do with eating a specific diet to gain weight but doing exercise as well, rather than the western way of getting fat through stuffing your face with crap whilst being too lazy to get up off the sofa.

I'm 47% BTW. Now what shall I do with my extra 20 years of life?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Get nagged and wish you had died younger?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Someone was telling me how sumo wrestlers are actually quite healthy, despite their weight. Something to do with eating a specific diet to gain weight but doing exercise as well, rather than the western way of getting fat through stuffing your face with crap whilst being too lazy to get up off the sofa.

I would guess that this is to do with the differences between being fit/strong and being over weight. You can be very fit and very strong but still have a high level of body fat.

Although whether this is actually 'healthy' is a different question!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Get nagged and wish you had died younger?
              I wonder if this movement towards healthier living and living longer just means we'll all die much more horrible deaths from nastier diseases.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

72 inches. What's that in real money?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Not really news.
                  I disagree. Relative to this Lesbians aren't lesbians because they couldn't get a man. When will the myths about gay people finally die a death? - Telegraph it is news.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Your waist measurement is half your IQ if that's any help.

Comment

Working...
                    X