• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were a Scotsman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were a Scotsman

If I was a pragmatic scot I would want it both ways. I would want the abiility to tax and spend my own revenue (including Oil) but I don't want to have to fork out for the risk of adopting my own currency. I dont want Scottish companies relocating their head offices out of Scotland and I dont want to pay for my own army. I want to enjoy the benefits of scale afforded by aggregating facilities such as buying power of the NHS and I dont want the Oil rich Islands taking the cue of independence for themselves.

In other words I would look at every facet of life and the economy in Scotland and get the best of both worlds. At the moment all this is gradually being offered in a desperate bid to keep the UNION.

However the reality is that most of the Scots pushing for Independence are chippy people with inferiority complexes and see nationalism as telling the English to F*** off.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    If I was a pragmatic scot I would want it both ways. I would want the abiility to tax and spend my own revenue (including Oil) but I don't want to have to fork out for the risk of adopting my own currency. I dont want Scottish companies relocating their head offices out of Scotland and I dont want to pay for my own army. I want to enjoy the benefits of scale afforded by aggregating facilities such as buying power of the NHS and I dont want the Oil rich Islands taking the cue of independence for themselves.

In other words I would look at every facet of life and the economy in Scotland and get the best of both worlds. At the moment all this is gradually being offered in a desperate bid to keep the UNION.

However the reality is that most of the Scots pushing for Independence are chippy people with inferiority complexes and see nationalism as telling the English to F*** off.
    If you were a Scotsman, I'd go up there and vote YES myself.

Comment

If you were a scotsman, you would want 10% of oil revenues for doing nothing. Like an African dictator.

Anyway, people have to learn to can't have your cake and eat it. LIke Greece. You can't have the Euro and an end to austerity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If you were a scotsman, you would want 10% of oil revenues for doing nothing. Like an African dictator.

Anyway, people have to learn to can't have your cake and eat it. LIke Greece. You can't have the Euro and an end to austerity.
        Make that 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Make that 25%.
          Thanks. If I am going to be loathed I dont want to be seen as a poor negotiator
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

would you wear undies under your kilt though?

Comment

Thanks. If I am going to be loathed I dont want to be seen as a poor negotiator
              Then you don't want to be seen as a poor negotiator.

Comment

You'd have 3 more inches?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  You'd have 3 more inches?
                  round his waist?

Health of Scotland
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    round his waist?

Health of Scotland
                    There's more fatter/obese people in England than there is in Scotland. That's a fact.

Brought to by the Salmond school of economics.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X